Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: should i be worried?

1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.

should i be worried?

Advertisements
    if she's only gained 2 oz in 3 weeks?she went from 13.1 to 13.3 and she's already a tiny baby. she's always been in the 5th percentile for heigh and around 30th for weight.

she eats 6 oz every bottle and some times only 5 though.

2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Is your doctor worried? If she doesn't gain they can diagnose her as failure to thrive, but if she is eating regularly and not sick I wouldn't worry unless they worry.

3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    Is your doctor worried? If she doesn't gain they can diagnose her as failure to thrive, but if she is eating regularly and not sick I wouldn't worry unless they worry.
    i havent been yet. she gets her 4 month shots on the 19th though. last time she said she's growing "great". she saw a new one though and i kinda don't trust her. she has no kids and her other pedi has 6 kids with another one on the way idk. i trust his experience more.

but i even give her a little bit oatmeal like 5 or 6 baby spoon fulls before she sleeps and she still gains weight so slow. maybe it's just the way she grows idk.

4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Babies go through different stages of growth, too. They will get fatter, then get longer and not gain much, then get fatter, then get longer and not gain much. Perfectly normal! She could just be a slow gainer, which is okay! Kalista only gained a few lbs in the last 3 months (which is abnormal for MY babies ) and had barely gotten an inch longer in the last 7 months. It's just how she grows! She is a teeny tiny. Kaia, not so much.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Aubree has gained less than 10 lbs in a year. All babies grow at different rates-- I would just make sure that your pediatrician is comfortable with it.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan