Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: letting my mom and sister watch her?

1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.

letting my mom and sister watch her?

Advertisements
    for 5 days. i need someone to tell me i wont die if shes away for 5 days.

my training for my new job is at night from the hours of like 5pm-10pm and no day cares are open that late here and besides my mom would be free and i trust her more than i do anyone else.

i had already committed myself to my cousins wedding(in new orleans) on dec 8th but now my training prevents me from going and everyone had already messaged me about how excited they were to see her so i was going to let my mom come get her and bring her down for my cousins wedding and then she would bring her back five days later so everyone got to see her and so that i could do my training.

i mean its my mom and my sister. my sister helped raise me(she 8 years older) and my mom raised 3 kids. i trust them completely and my sister wants to watch her so bad. (she flys down to la from ohio the day before i train)

i REALLY REALLY REALLY need this job. anyone who truly knows me knows it will help so much on me keeping my sanity and happiness afloat. and i trust my mom more than i do anyone and it's a free baby sitter.

but i don't know if i can do it... she's never spent a night away from me but if let my paranoia keep me from getting a job because i don't have a baby sitter for my training then i will for sure lose my sanity.

i have a friend who would do it but i know she's want at least 170$ for the week but i dont trust her like i do my mom.

has anyone done this or similar? how did you convince yourself it will be okay? it's 3 weeks away from i feel like its going to take that long to convince myself that its for the best

sorry if that was so long. ahhhh idk what to do.

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    She'll be just fine!!! its gonna be way harder on you than on your sweet baby girl!
  3. Regular Member
    I think you should let her do it! But, maybe you could do a practice, trial run thing, just so you feel better? Like, have her stay with someone else for just one night, even if you're in town, just to see if you panic or something.
  4. verabot89
    verabot89
    It will be okay! And you know Addy will be okay, so most importantly... YOU will be okay.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

5. Junior Member
    It sounds like she will be fine and everything would work out really well. I can't say go for it though, because it's a personal thing and I know I wouldn't be able to do it if I were in your situation. Just figure out what is right for you and let everything else fall where it may.
    Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?
  6. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I give you props for even considering it. I can't even let someone watch Gav for 3 hours while I go out... I cart him everywhere. And when DH lets me sleep in on the weekends, I still wake up before I'm ready to

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  7. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

It'll be fine! I've had to have people watch the girls for that long due to having another baby but in April '11 I went to Jamaica with my exh and we obv didn't take the kids. Victoria was around your dds age.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You really want this job, Miriah. You love your mom and sister and know that they will be great with her.

If you're going to be a better mom while having this job, then you know the answer. I know it's hard to think of being away from her, but look at it from this angle - your daughter is going to form a wonderful bond over those few days with your mom and sister. You will be ok and so will she.
  9. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I give you props for even considering it. I can't even let someone watch Gav for 3 hours while I go out... I cart him everywhere. And when DH lets me sleep in on the weekends, I still wake up before I'm ready to
    im always fine with a day. shes been to the baby sitter several times and will be in day care once im passed training but 5 days is scaring me

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    You really want this job, Miriah. You love your mom and sister and know that they will be great with her.

If you're going to be a better mom while having this job, then you know the answer. I know it's hard to think of being away from her, but look at it from this able - your daughter is going to form a wonderful bond over those few days with your mom and sister. You will be ok and so will she.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast