Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sofia climbed out of her crib :(

1. Senior Member

Sofia climbed out of her crib :(

Advertisements
    This morning I put her in it so I could find the car keys that her dad took. She was being very whiney.

I found them after a while snd went I her room to get her and she was standing on the floor.

I feel really sick out it. I can't imagine her getting out of it without falling abs hurting herself.

It's seriously shaken me up. I couldn't even focus at my la leche league meeting. I can't help but think she's hurting and it's all my fault.

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Also, my youngest has fallen numerous times, at least one was from a couple feet and she hit her head and the only thing that happens is I freak out and she looks at me like I'm crazy. Littles are a lot more resilient(?) than we think.
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

How would she be hurting though? It's normal for kids to start climbing out of their cribs when they discover they can.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post

How would she be hurting though? It's normal for kids to start climbing out of their cribs when they discover they can.

Scared of a head injury.
  5. Senior Member
    Does she have any signs of pain? Is she crying without you being able to soothe her? Does she have any bruises/marks from the fall? Is she lethargic? If so, bring her to be checked out. If not, I wouldn't worry to in depth. I hope she is okay. Accidents happen
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by fallinstar View Post
    Scared of a head injury.
    If it makes you feel any better, one of the times she hit her head it was from at least a foot drop and we knew for sure she hit her head hard on the hardish floor, her eyes rolled back into her head for a minute and it was hard to get her attention for a minute. However, by the time we got to the ER (only a couple minutes she was back to normal, walking normally etc)doctors said unless she was acting "off" (crying more than usual, not behaving in her usual way, walking off balance (more than usual) or the bump kept getting larger and she stopped eating/drinking/etc. they're hesitant to do much if only because testing for a head injury would be a higher risk than what they perceived the risk to be at that point.
  7. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    How old is she? I wonder if it's possible that she actually climbed all the way since you didn't hear a bang and she didn't cry. I can understand being worried though, maybe take her in just for peace of mind?
  8. Senior Member
    I know you worry so much, you're a mommy so there's no stopping it but honestly she seemed fine today! Definitely like her normal self! Just keep an eye on her though, I'm sure you will
  9. Senior Member
    She's 14 months. She had been crying since earlier in the morning that's why I put her in the crib, because she was following me all around the house wanting me to pick her up while I was looking for the keys.

I know you guys are probably right, I'm just a scary cat. And that's like a 3 foot drop from the too to the bottom we have hard wood floors.
    I'm just nervous.
  10. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I bet she is fine! Babies are SUPER resilient! Jax was abotu that age too when he climbed out and we never heard anything nor did he cry. If something was wrong, you would def know by now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast