Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Worst diaper change ever

1. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

Worst diaper change ever

Advertisements
    Read this if you need a cure for baby fever!

Not only did DS have a full diaper of poop so there was no way that I could have left it on him but he wasn't done going. It isn't the first time he's continued to poop even after I've taken his diaper off but by now, we know when he's done so it hasn't happened for a looong time. Today, it was a poop apocalypse!

Full poopy diaper... Got his butt all cleaned up just in time for him to pee all over himself. Body, head, hair, mouth... everywhere. He had a nice big pee puddle under him. His butt's all clean enough for me to lay him down to clean the pee off of him just for him to start pooping again. Pick his legs up to put something under him & it shoots out, gets all over his legs, butt & all up his back. FINALLY stops & I scream for DH who is outside who rushes in & baby wipes the changing pad so I can put down a blanket for him. And then finally get a chance to finish up cleaning him off. By this time, the poor kid is going hoarse from screaming & is doing his vibrating cry.

It took me a half hour to calm him down afterwards because he was just sooo upset. Good thing walking always gets him to stop crying so I just bounced him around all over the house for awhile before I could put him down & alcohol wipe the fuck out of his changing pad. I don't know how y'all who have regular changing tables with the cloth covers do it... I'd flip a shit... quite literally.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

It happens! It gets more fun when they start to twist and turn and try to run away while you're changing poopy diapers. I speak from experience. My washing machine has seen more than it's share of covers lately, lol.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh sick!! Honestly, I think it's easier with the cloth. I pull off the cloth cover and little PUL-backed terry cloth thing under it, throw them both in the wash, then put on a new set. Bam. Done lol.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Butt View Post
    It happens! It gets more fun when they start to twist and turn and try to run away while you're changing poopy diapers. I speak from experience. My washing machine has seen more than it's share of covers lately, lol.
    I dread the day. He already twists a lot because it doesn't have one of those belts to hold him in place but when he cries like that, he doesn't move at all.

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Oh sick!! Honestly, I think it's easier with the cloth. I pull off the cloth cover and little PUL-backed terry cloth thing under it, throw them both in the wash, then put on a new set. Bam. Done lol.
    I have that portable sleeper/changing pad thing that has cloth in his bedroom but I think I've only used it once. He never gets changed upstairs since I just bring him downstairs at night to feed him & he's downstairs all day. So I have his PnP in the living room with the changing table attachment. Makes me so happy that I didn't go out & buy an actual changing table because it would never get used.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

oh my. I remember those days. At least I have never had to deal with a fire hose

At my oldests second drs appt ever, she shit, pissed and puked all over the table. I couldn't stop laughing.
  6. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by SamInCT View Post
    oh my. I remember those days. At least I have never had to deal with a fire hose

At my oldests second drs appt ever, she shit, pissed and puked all over the table. I couldn't stop laughing.
    I have to ask since I don't have a girl (also a question for others who have girls if you want to jump in ), how does that work? I mean, when DS poops, it gets all up his front too but since he's a boy, it's pretty easy to clean off. Is it just as easy for a girl, just gotta be more thorough? What happens if it gets up there?

7. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I have to ask since I don't have a girl (also a question for others who have girls if you want to jump in ), how does that work? I mean, when DS poops, it gets all up his front too but since he's a boy, it's pretty easy to clean off. Is it just as easy for a girl, just gotta be more thorough? What happens if it gets up there?
    You just gotta clean it ridiculously well. Luckily it was a rarity in my house but its definitely panic mode when it does. I don't think it's ever legitimately gotten like up, up there, unless I've blocked it out haha.