Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Feverish kids

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Feverish kids

Advertisements
    So, both of my kids are burning up!! Since Joseph feels SO hot, should I wrap him up to keep him warm, or leave him a little less layered to help keep his temp down?
    Since his is not super high, I am not going to medicate just yet, but i do want him to be more comfortable
  2. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    When my little girl was admitted in the Hospital, the Pediatrician advised the nurses to remove any heavy thick home blankets off of her and instead covered her with a light/thin hospital blanket. They wanted to avoid any overheating on top of the high fever.
    Based on it, I would recommend the same.

I hope your little ones feel better soon.
  3. Senior Member
    Dress them in light layer clothing - nothing heavy. Have you tried putting them in lukewarm water? Sometimes it will help a babies temperature to go down. Also don't forget to hydrate them. What are their temps?
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

One had a 101.2 and the other was not bad at 99.1
    They had a doctor appointment today, my little guy was due for his 4 month shots but since he had a fever no shots were given
  5. Senior Member
    Right now the 99.1 fever wouldn't be to much of a concern yet. The baby that has the 101.2 of course keep an eye on. If it goes about 101.8-102 you will probably need to your baby in. They weren't given shots today but have they received any recently? Are their diapers wetter then usual? Also do they have any visible rashes?
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Nope, diapers are dryer than normal actually. No shots since... Oh gosh 8 weeks ago? Maybe a bit longer. My little girl had the flu shot and little man had his 2 month shots.

ETA: and no rashes, little guy has a few rough patches, but he is prone to skin rashes as it is
  7. Senior Member
    Doesn't sound like anything you need to worry about at the moment. Keep them hydrated. It sounds like they must have some type of bacteria that they are fighting off. Your body temperature will increase in order to fight of infection. I hope they start feeling better soon!