Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Not making eye contact

1. Banned
    Banned

Not making eye contact

Advertisements
    When did your LO start making eye contact? Cameron AVOIDS it. I'm starting to get worried since he's 3 months old, and everything I've read says they should be making eye contact by now and holding it for a few seconds. Blargh. Between this and his head not growing (he's gone from the 21st percentile, to the 14th, and now he's in the 7th) I'm all sorts of worried.
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Every kiddo is different, some do it within weeks some, months. My great babies didn't hold it until 5 months or so.

And the % drop is just him growing out I would not fret. Naomi is considered in the 10% for her weight. And she's perfectly healthy.

momma
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Aubree's weight percentile dropped from like the 92nd percentile for weight, steadily all the way down until at her 6 month check up, she was in the 17th percentile. Now she's back around the 25th. Remember that it's not a score-- it's not like 99% is an A and 1% is an F. It's just a range.

Aubs held eye contact with DH for like 25 min while she was on the warmer getting cleaned off, measured, and getting her APGAR done. She's always been a staring baby, since day one. But not all babies are-- some don't really enjoy it. I wouldn't worry too much about it-- maybe just mention it to the pediatrician at his next appointment.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan