Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had an oopsie last night

1. Banned
    Banned

Had an oopsie last night

Advertisements
    [I was going to post this earlier, but I was busy all day]
    Last night I woke up around 4:45 and my mommy senses were tingling. I looked at our monitor, and realized it was off. I went into Cameron's room hoping he was asleep, and the poor baby was in there whimpering (you know the whimper you do when you are ALL cried out? Yeah....that one ), he was all scooted out (he scoots around when he starts to wake up), and he was laying in a big puddle of drool.

I picked him up and his diaper was super soaked and he was STARVING. I felt like the worst mommy ever. Then, to make matters worse, when I brought him into our room for apology snuggles I looked at our monitor and realized that it was plugged in...but shut off. Which means I turned it off in my sleep.

FAIL MOMMMY!!!
  2. Senior Member
    honey. I'm sorry, I know how much that sucks. When Aidan was just barely a month old we went to my BIL's wedding, and the suite they got us was 2 rooms. We have fans on, and the door to where his pack n play was open alittle. I slept for 8 hours before my body woke me up. I'm pretty sure he spent a good deal of time screaming. I felt awful. no harm, and you got extra cuddles
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

it happens! more than once too. he will be okay
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Awwww! Don't beat yourself up! No one is perfect all the time and he is just fine! I think sometimes crap like that happens to snap us out of our comfort zones and keep us on our toes. You are a good mom!

5. Banned
    Banned
    I've been wondering if CIO would be something we could do, and I don't think I'd be able to do it. DH is all for it, but I just felt awful.
    Jason told me thar apparently I was a lot more tired than I thought I was.
  6. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonsGirl View Post
    I've been wondering if CIO would be something we could do, and I don't think I'd be able to do it. DH is all for it, but I just felt awful.
    It works for some people, and not for others. Do what you are comfy with. We didnt try CIO with Bella til she was almost 2 when we wanted her to give up her night time bottle before Ansley came along and it just did NOT work, for her or me. She cried for 3 hours straight... CIO worked for Ansley, but not until she was older, around 14 mons or so. I started with nap time and she was PISSED at me for the rest of the day, pretty much. However, it worked and she sleeps all night now unless she is sick.

IMO 3 mons is still too small.. i'd wait til closer to year, BUT that's JMO. I don't think they recommend it til 6mons or so tho?
  7. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

We did CIO with Nikaia after trying everything else on the planet for at least a few weeks at a time and NOTHING working, and we still did a very mild version of Ferber. My heart just couldn't take anything more aggressive. It worked though! She is SUCH a good sleeper now and even puts herself to bed. She is great at self soothing!

ETA: I think she was nine months old. We didn't start any kind of sleep training, even the more attachment parenting type options, until she was like 5.5-6 months. Kalista is nine months now and we still aren't doing any sleep training with her. I am such a pushover.

8. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
  9. Senior Member
    I was completely against CIO up until about 6-8 weeks ago. We always had a bottle (or a cuppy now), read a story, sang a few songs, and rocked. And rocked, and ROCKED, sometimes for hours until he was asleep. And for the longest time, he woke up the second you put him down and started screeching. Then we'd have to start over.

Anyhow, the way we chose to do it was, at first, we still went through the above routine, still waited until he was asleep to put him down. Then if he wokr during the night, we let him CIO for 5 minutes, then 10, then 20, etc. We never went more the 30 minutes. *side note that at this time Aidan was about 9 months old, so we knew that he was full and all that. 3 weeks later, we started to put him in his crib while he was awake. And then walked away. we made sure that he had his white noise (his ac or humidifier) and that his music was on. We gave him his blanket to cuddle (he has some Aden & Anias blankets that have become a security thing) and his knit bunny from grandma. the we let him cry. We held the same time, 30 minutes. We never hit it. We came close, but we never had to go in (except for when he had a cold, then we went in). We have a video monitor, so we can see what he's doing, and most of the time when he cries at night, he doesn't even lift his head up or open his eyes. He feels for his security items and paci and is out again. I know it sucks, but from a mama that just did it (and believe me it wasn't easy, there were tears...alot of them...from me, not Aidan), trust me, you can do it!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    It works for some people, and not for others. Do what you are comfy with. We didnt try CIO with Bella til she was almost 2 when we wanted her to give up her night time bottle before Ansley came along and it just did NOT work, for her or me. She cried for 3 hours straight... CIO worked for Ansley, but not until she was older, around 14 mons or so. I started with nap time and she was PISSED at me for the rest of the day, pretty much. However, it worked and she sleeps all night now unless she is sick.

IMO 3 mons is still too small.. i'd wait til closer to year, BUT that's JMO. I don't think they recommend it til 6mons or so tho?
    our ped said not to try it until 9 months. And I agree with that, I don't think it's something you should do with a very small child.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast