Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: If this second tooth doesn't pop soon...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

If this second tooth doesn't pop soon...

Advertisements
    ...I'm going to cry. First tooth was easy peasy. I thought it was fussiness from solids, but nooooo just a tooth! Once it cut, he was happy. Back to napping long hours, etc.

About five days later, the second one decided to start moving on up and the fussiness returned. I can see it under the gum (when he actually lets me look in his mouth ), but it's not breaking through. It's been about four days now and I'm at the end of my rope. Tylenol, teething tablets, baby orajel, frozen teething cloths, cold teethers, sophie...NADA helps him for long. His naps are so short

He's still sleeping completely through the night, though, so I don't know that I'm allowed to complain. BUT GOODNESS. I hate knowing he's in pain. He'll be distracted for about a minute, smiling and happy, and then suddenly this awful look comes over his face and he just wails

Tell me it'll be over soon! I know, I know, there are more teeth coming. But DH will be home for those!
  2. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

it'll be over soon, especially if you can see it!
    I hate teething, and my girls weren't even bad with it. Sometimes they didn't even show emotion but it sucks cause there is next to nothing you can do. The worst was when my oldest was getting a molar, it wouldn't break through the gum but it was still growing in, basically, the worst ever.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by SamInCT View Post
    it'll be over soon, especially if you can see it!
    I hate teething, and my girls weren't even bad with it. Sometimes they didn't even show emotion but it sucks cause there is next to nothing you can do. The worst was when my oldest was getting a molar, it wouldn't break through the gum but it was still growing in, basically, the worst ever.

Oh my God, that sounds so painful! He seemed to cheer up considerably tonight, and I saw the tooth even more clearly when he was smiling during his bath. Fingers crossed that it pops by morning! With DH coming home so soon, I have SO MUCH to get done around the house. I've been unable to really commit to any of it, though, because I keep having to run to him
  4. Senior Member
    It'll get better. Have you thought about an amber necklace? Aidan has been wearing one for about 6 months, and teething is a lot easier with it. Also, I posted an article awhile back about baby orajel, I can't search for it on my phone, but it was somewhere in parenting. Baby orajel can cause cardiac arrest and death in infants. Just an FYI. DH found the article around the time that we were really using the baby teething gels, and we stopped. We now use hylands teething pellets.
    . Aidan has pretty much been teething from 4 months to now. He has 8 teeth now, and 8 more working their was (slowly, painfully slowly) in. He goes through stages where he'll be fine some days, and hell on wheels others.