Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby-led Weaning?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Baby-led Weaning?

Advertisements
    Ok, I'll bite (har har har, eating pun)...can you guys explain it to me? I tried cereal. FAIL WHALE. But he's ready for food, no tongue thrust, and enjoys the process. Grains are a little bit rough for him.

Of course, his tooth popped out and I had switched his formula to one that constipated him, so that could have been the prob. Anyhoochie.

He watches me eat and drink like it's the most amazing thing ever, and he reaches for my stuff. What do I do about that? He's not ready to chew, obviously. I guess I'm just confused about baby led weaning. I admit I clearly know nothing about it, now that I sit down and think about it. I thought it meant "let them try it out when they want it!" or something along those lines.

Educate me, s'il vous plait?
    Last edited by KoalaBär; 10-20-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Just put food on his tray (easy to grab fry shaped food) and let him go at it it really is that simple. He will feed himself and you can get stuff done and not sit and feed
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

If he's reaching and you see his interested, that's step one of the baby led weaning (not just starting at a specific age). Step two is letting him have some of what ever you have. So, obviously, you're not gonna give him a steak and knife but if you have, for example, rice - give him a couple grains in his mouth or steamed/cooked veggies, those should mush well in his mouth. I let Wyatt try everything we had on our plates but I also made mashed veggies and fruits for him. We never made it skuper watery pureed like the step one or two jarred baby foods are but it was like a mashed potato consistency and we slowly moved to less mushy food.
  4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Sty for not being too detailed. At a marriage retract this weekend and a few drinks in
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We did chopped up bananas as one of Aubree's first foods She used her fingers to pick them up and mush them into her mouth.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    How do I ease my fear of him choking? Is he still too early for anything that isn't mushy (i.e. cheerios maybe?)
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Sty for not being too detailed. At a marriage retract this weekend and a few drinks in
    I will be joining you in the drink department in just a few moments
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    How do I ease my fear of him choking? Is he still too early for anything that isn't mushy (i.e. cheerios maybe?)
    Cheerios don't dissolve super fast so those I would say no but the Baby Mum Mums and the baby puff snacks both dissolve into nothing so those he could probably handle. As for the fear of choking, I have no idea. I made all his foods mashed and fed them and let him hold a spoon and bowl with a small amount in there, too.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Learn the baby Heimlich Put my mind at ease. That and I gave her little pieces of mushy stuff that wouldn't lodge in her throat.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

10. Senior Member
    You could give him those gerber puffs that dissolve really easily- there also good for learning to pick things up. As for the fear of choking, it will get easier once you start
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast