Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rice Cereal?

1. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries

Question Rice Cereal? *Updated in Post 15*

Advertisements
    My baby girl is 4 months today! But, liiiiiittle problem. She has been waking up numerous times a night to eat, and has been sleeping horribly.

I want to start her on rice cereal, so I'm wondering how much/how many times per day you fed it to your baby at first. Her prior ped had said 4 months was an ok age to start her, but with the move she is in between peds right now.

TIA.
    Last edited by MissOptimistic; 10-28-2012 at 12:52 AM.
  2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    i started putting some on her bottle at night a few nights ago to help break her swaddle habit. she already sleeps 10-12 hours straight but it seems to help her sleep more soundly. i just put like a table spoon for 6 ounces.

3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Cereal is a food and should never be put into a bottle, also cereal has no value for her.
    Blending your own brown rice for cereal much better but starting with real food is honestly the best thing to do. Be prepared that she isn't ready for it. Most baby's aren't ready for food at 4 months. She will still have her tounge thrust. If she still has that then best to wait on food. Food isn't need till a year and is just for tasting not a meal.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Adding Baby Cereal to Baby's Bottle to Help Baby Sleep Through the Night - Does Adding Cereal to a Baby's Bottle Help Baby Sleep Longer?
    Good article about not putting it in the bottle. Even my moms nicu dr don't prescripe it unless baby isn't gaining weight
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Do you breastfeed or use formula? The formula for spit up already has rice cereal in it, so that could help
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Dr. Mercola: White Rice Cereal Is NOT a Healthy Baby Food | Dr. Joseph Mercola's Natural Health Products and Articles

She will sleep when she's ready baby's aren't made to sleep through true night.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We used oatmeal instead of rice and just mixed it with formula and did it at night time after his bottle. He seems to like it. He also likes sitting in his high chair up at the table with us.
  8. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    We used oatmeal instead of rice and just mixed it with formula and did it at night time after his bottle. He seems to like it. He also likes sitting in his high chair up at the table with us.
    Oh this too. I meant to say i use oatmeal and not rice in her bottle.

9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Cereal is a food and should never be put into a bottle, also cereal has no value for her.
    Blending your own brown rice for cereal much better but starting with real food is honestly the best thing to do. Be prepared that she isn't ready for it. Most baby's aren't ready for food at 4 months. She will still have her tounge thrust. If she still has that then best to wait on food. Food isn't need till a year and is just for tasting not a meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Dr. Mercola: White Rice Cereal Is NOT a Healthy Baby Food | Dr. Joseph Mercola's Natural Health Products and Articles

She will sleep when she's ready baby's aren't made to sleep through true night.
    These

I also recommend the book "beyond the sling" by myiam bialik
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm with boobiefeeder...don't put cereal in the bottle. The "it will help them sleep!" thing is a myth.

Be prepared for an upset tummy, possibly! I started Teddy's cereal (oatmeal) in the am only, so that any gas issues would hopefully resolve before bed. He got pretty constipated (although it was probably from a formula switch), so we're waiting right now. Going straight to veggies next week
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast