Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Should I go to the er?

1. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Loving life as a new sahm/w

Should I go to the er?

Advertisements
    For the past 4 days I've had headache, then the night before last around 1 in the morning DS woke up to eat, and I had a blocked milk duct. Well I've been working on it since then. Still hasn't become unclogged. This morning I woke up feeling horrible. I've had a pounding headache, the chills, I'm hot and then freezing, I'm really weak, and my skin feels super sensitive. I just took my temp and it was 101. I don't know if I'm sick or if its mastitis. Should I go to the er or wait and call my doc?
  2. Senior Member
    Do you have a nurse hotline you can call? Or an urgent care rather than an ER? An infection really isn't something you should play around with, but at the same time I'd hate to have a newborn with you in the ER if you could avoid it. I really hope you start feeling better soon!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Do you have a nurse hotline you can call? Or an urgent care rather than an ER? An infection really isn't something you should play around with, but at the same time I'd hate to have a newborn with you in the ER if you could avoid it. I really hope you start feeling better soon!
    I had the lactationist come out today, she said if I start running a fever to call my doctor, but since its so late I can't. And I have no clue what the nurse hotline number out here is.
  4. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Is there any urgent care places open late there? I HATE ER's for things like colds, and only will go if I feel scared enough to not want to wait till the morning. That or I have to be in so much pain taking pain pills and a sleeping pill won't help me sleep... If you feel you need to go then go, but if you feel safe waiting till morning I personally would wait it out and call in the morning if you're still having the same issues. I just really hate ER's for anything that isn't an emergency, and only time I've gone when I was weak. It was because I was puking everything up even water. So I was so dehydrated I couldn't see or walk straight, and all they did was hook me up to an I.v. to get water in me for a few hours. Gave me some meds to calm my stomach, told me to come back if I wasn't better in 3-4days, and then sent me home.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Signature removed due to size.
  5. "I love you with ALL da loving!"
    "I love you with ALL da loving!"
    I would be no help to this situation but good luck and i hope its not an infection!

"One thing that hasn't changed, and will never change, is my love for you. Aside from the fact that it grows with each thought and passing moment, the love I hold for you and you alone, is a rock. It is unyielding and it will neve falter. Believe me Elizabeth, I do and will always love you." -Quote from DB
  6. Senior Member
    I'd make sure I was drinking a lot of water and take a pain reliever/fever reducer (like Tylenol) and call in the morning.
  7. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Sounds like mastitis. I would go in and get antibiotics ASAP. Mastitis gets really nasty really quick and can kill your supply in no time.

8. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Go to the er! It's mastsis
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress