Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going Out?

1. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

Going Out?

Advertisements
    DH forgot to ask the doctor about this today so I'm coming to you guys

At the 1st week check up, the doctor told us that we shouldn't take Gav out besides small trips (doctors, errands, ect) until he's at least 6 weeks. I've heard different things from people who have taken their child out way before that. DH is pretty bummed that I can't go to the airshow with him this weekend because it's too loud for Gav & I'm not comfortable leaving him with a babysitter yet. So he wants us all to go out to the Italian Festival downtown on Sunday. Obviously, lots of people. He'll most likely be in the stroller for it (covered) unless he gets fussy, in which case I'll have my carrier with me.

Would y'all think it's okay to take him out yet? I'm on the fence about it since it's flu season & all.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  2. Senior Member
    I would but I'm pretty relaxed with those things. I would go bonkers not doing anything for 6 weeks
  3. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    I'll be going to a wedding in late December, and won't be bringing Madison with us because of the amount of people that will be there. She'll be at least 6 weeks old at that point-- but that is just me. There was a baby at the pumpkin patch today that was probably only a couple weeks old and I didn't really see anything wrong with it. Do yo' thang.

be cool.
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I would but I'm pretty relaxed with those things. I would go bonkers not doing anything for 6 weeks
    That's where I'm at right now... The only place I've been to in the last 2 weeks is the doctors. There are days that the only outside I go to is my backyard to sit out there with my dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, Baby♥ View Post
    I'll be going to a wedding in late December, and won't be bringing Madison with us because of the amount of people that will be there. She'll be at least 6 weeks old at that point-- but that is just me. There was a baby at the pumpkin patch today that was probably only a couple weeks old and I didn't really see anything wrong with it. Do yo' thang.
    Yea, I'm all confuzzled on what I think is okay

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wyatt went to the NEX the day we brought him home (he was 4days old) because I needed to get some last stuff since I was induced early. I don't see any problems with bringing them out early.
  6. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    We are out and about from the get go. Courtney came home on Thanksgiving day to 25ish people.
  7. Junior Member
    I'm a big believer in taking my kids out. They were both really healthy, so I never worried about anything that wasn't a general exposure risk.
    Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?
  8. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Thanks! I feel better about taking him out now

9. Senior Member
    I didn't feel comfortable taking Will out until he was at least two months old. In our opinion his immune system isn't developed enough to take on crowds at that age. but that's just us!
  10. CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    We went to the mall with Vera at maybe 2 weeks.
    And she's great!
    A brat sometimes...
    But great!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast