Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything I can do to help??

1. Banned
    Banned

Sad Is there anything I can do to help??

Advertisements
    DS has been working on pooping for two days now. We've gotten no sleep. All he does is cry, sream, push, and fart. He will fall asleep between farts, but then it wakes him up and he starts screaming again. We've tried bouncing him, tummy massage, bicycling his legs, and gripe water. Is there anything else I can do to help him?

I'm so tired. I can't imagine how he must feel.
  2. Senior Member
    is he bf or formula? my ped always suggested using the baby thermometer (the butt one) with some lube on it to see if that could help loosen some things up. Just kinda slide it on up and twirl it around gently.

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  3. Senior Member
    There are glycerin suppositories that you can use. I know that they are okay to use on infants because our pediatrician told us to use them when my DD did that and she was only a month old. You will have to cut it lengthwise to decrease the size, insert with a little lube. It generally works with in 15 minutes and will help to let him expel the BM, just make sure he has a diaper on good. Got pooped on once using it.
    So close your eyes and sleep to dream. I'm by your side. No words to speak. We'll set our course and make it through. No matter how far, my heart remains with you.
    ~ Loving Army Girlfriend
  4. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by inmansgirl06 View Post
    is he bf or formula? my ped always suggested using the baby thermometer (the butt one) with some lube on it to see if that could help loosen some things up. Just kinda slide it on up and twirl it around gently.

Our ped also told us to remember that they don't stand, so gravity can't help them. It's normal for them to not poop for a week.

But ya, Maddie was the same way. She couldn't poop, so no one slept. An on call Dr suggested an OTC suppository, but to only use it when we had to. It really, really helped her.

5. Senior Member
    I'd say the thermometer trick mentioned above or maybe even spooning him a teeny bit of prune juice?
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by inmansgirl06 View Post
    He's breastfed.
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Do the temp trick. Also have him "stand" when he cans. Also normal for bf babies not to poop for two or more weeks.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. Banned
    Banned
    We didn't have any lube or vaseline, so I used a plain lubricated condom to lube it up. I'm guessing it worked because he didn't even notice when I stuck the thermometer in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a dirty diaper soon!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That's why I told you to take his temperature yesterday, silly!

Agree on the "standing" as well.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonsGirl View Post
    We didn't have any lube or vaseline, so I used a plain lubricated condom to lube it up. I'm guessing it worked because he didn't even notice when I stuck the thermometer in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a dirty diaper soon!

I think I just died laughing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast