Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping warm in the carseat

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Keeping warm in the carseat

Advertisements
    I found a new way to keep Joseph warm in his seat. I use to just tuck him in with a blanket, but he always kicks it off and ends up freezing. So, I found a soultion. Sleep sacks!

I buckle him into his seat, then put his sleep sack on backwards. You tuck his little feet up into the sack, and zip it up until it meets the buckle, and he cannot kick it off! It has lead to several warm trips, and not a single issue. Best part is, it doesnot interfere with the carseat at all, so I am pretty sure it is just as safe as putting a blanket around him. Maybe even safer, because he cannot pull it up over his face.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Oh that's a good idea!!
  3. I'm a time traveler. I point and laugh at archaeologists!
    I'm a time traveler. I point and laugh at archaeologists!
    There's also something called a "BundleMe." Same concept, but it actually has slots for the carseat straps. There's a REALLY warm one for winter and a light one for fall/spring weather.
  4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whofan View Post
    There's also something called a "BundleMe." Same concept, but it actually has slots for the carseat straps. There's a REALLY warm one for winter and a light one for fall/spring weather.
    Those are very unsafe since they change how your child is strapped into the carseat. Can make your carseat straps not work the way they are suppose to in a crash.
    No aftermarket items should be placed in the carseat or on the straps.

The carseat poncho is a great option and doing what the op is doing sounds awesome without having to buy extra things!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Those are very unsafe since they change how your child is strapped into the carseat. Can make your carseat straps not work the way they are suppose to in a crash.
    No aftermarket items should be placed in the carseat or on the straps.

The carseat poncho is a great option and doing what the op is doing sounds awesome without having to buy extra things!
    agreed. I love my bundle me for the stroller, but I won't put it in the car seat. I love OP's idea!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    That's a really good idea! We have a poncho, but I don't like using it yet since it isn't *that* cold yet, and i don't want him to overheat on a long drive. I'm totally stealing this idea.
  7. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    I make these..

*note the one in the picture is NOT mine, I had to google a picture, I have none of mine pictured and on this computer, but this is the EXACT same thing I make*

All it does is velcro to the handle and it actually keeps heat in really well! It does not affect the car seat at all. I have used this to keep the girls warm since I had Genevieve.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  8. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I had an awesome cover when miss was born that just snugged around the top and had a hole for the head that opened up. Kept her nice and cozy and was Great to put the flap down when we excited the car especially if there was precipitation.
  9. AMD
    Does anyone have any ideas for those who are going straight to a convertible seat? I bought a couple of thick baby blankets, but if there are other options we can explore, I definitely want to know now, since it'll be so cold when little man arrives!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast