Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Seat Help

1. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

Car Seat Help

Advertisements
    Gavin's head falls forward a lot whenever he's in the car. And not just a little slouch, I mean all the way down to the point where I'm afraid it'll cut off his airway. It has both DH & I uncomfortable with it so whenever we go somewhere, I sit in the back with him & literally have to hold his head up sometimes. That makes having to go out by myself impossible. We both don't understand what's wrong or why it does that... DH says that it'll get better once he gets bigger but I don't know. I don't know anyone who has had to actually sit in the back with their child to make sure that they're okay in their car seat. We got it inspected & it was good... We've tried sitting him straight up, slouching him down a little & still nothing. His restraints are tightly on him with no room to pinch & the buckle is in it's correct place. I googled this problem & read that you can usually recline the base some so that this doesn't happen but DH said that it's not possible. I'm running out of ideas & I want my car & front seat back.

This is the car seat we have:
    http://www.target.com/p/graco-alano-...e/-/A-13478066

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  2. Senior Member
    DD's head did that when we were leaving the hospital for the first time and she turned purple we freaked out and took her back upstairs, they suggested rolling up a receiving blanket and placing it around her head (like how the newborn head support that come with the seat are) so it was more snug. Or you could roll it up and put it on the outside of the head support to make the support more snug.
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

3. Senior Member
    Have you tried an infant travel pillow? We used one for DD til she could hold her head up
    http://www.amazon.com/Eddie-Bauer-An...+travel+pillow
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna. View Post
    DD's head did that when we were leaving the hospital for the first time and she turned purple we freaked out and took her back upstairs, they suggested rolling up a receiving blanket and placing it around her head (like how the newborn head support that come with the seat are) so it was more snug. Or you could roll it up and put it on the outside of the head support to make the support more snug.
    I've done that & it only keeps it from moving side to side...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Have you tried an infant travel pillow? We used one for DD til she could hold her head up
    Amazon.com: Eddie Bauer Animal Neck Roll, Monkey: Baby
    And that would keep it from falling forward? I thought about getting one of those but I'm not sure if it would just keep it from going to the side or both.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I've done that & it only keeps it from moving side to side...

And that would keep it from falling forward? I thought about getting one of those but I'm not sure if it would just keep it from going to the side or both.
    It did with DD.
  6. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Loving life as a new sahm/w
    It looks like you have stages on the base. Do you hasn't it all the way to the highest stage? Braydons head does the same thing, because of the angle of the back seat. We don't have the base with the stages so in order to leave the hospital we had to use the boppy to get the right angle. The nurse told us to get a pool noodle to get the right angle. But we are just going to get a new base with the stages.

Or you could go by either the fire department or a police station and have them help.
  7. Senior Member
    We had the same car seat with DD. You can recline it back. There is a button on the bottom to click it to the highest setting.

8. Senior Member
    we use this

Eddie Bauer 2-in-1 Head Support - Grey

It comes in blue as well. Our YDD has the same type of car seat and her head did the same thing. These things were AWESOME for us! It was snug around her head so it couldn't fall forward and when her chucnky butt got to big we just removed the first layer and now she just uses the second.

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I had that exact same problem and PMed Jamie (airmanssweetie) for advice...for us, I just had to recline the base. I know you said your hubby said that wasn't possible, though. Ask Jamie! She will have wonderful advice, I'm sure

I've heard of people rolling up a towel or cutting a pool tube to prop the foot of the base up, I believe.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I had to roll up a towel and put it under the base of the carseat to keep his head from falling forward. I had the same issue until we did that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast