Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel like the worst mom in the world...

1. Senior Member

I feel like the worst mom in the world...

Advertisements
    DS stood up in his tub today and before I could get him to sit back down he slipped and fell onto the faucet He now has some swelling over his eye and a little bruise. I feel just awful. He seems to have forgotten about it and has been his happy normal self but I just cant forgive myself that he got hurt. And Ive always prided myself on being a good mom, but I feel like such a horrible mother right now
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

You are NOT a horrible mother, it happens

Little Miss likes to stand up in the tub too and it scares the hell out of me every time. I need to get a sticky mat and a faucet cover.
  3. Senior Member
    It happens, you are not a bad mother.
    So close your eyes and sleep to dream. I'm by your side. No words to speak. We'll set our course and make it through. No matter how far, my heart remains with you.
    ~ Loving Army Girlfriend
  4. Senior Member
    Yeah we are looking into getting him a faucet cover tomorrow, DH started looking up reviews for some as soon as it happened. I just feel awful because Im supposed to be the one who keeps him safe and I feel like I failed today.

Thanks guys I definitely need the hugs today.
  5. Senior Member
    I can promise it wont be the last time he ends up with a scrape or bruise. It always makes me feel the same way as you though. Just try to remember that just because he has an accident like that, that it doesnt make it your fault.

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  6. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    You are NOT a bad mother accidents do and happen, and he WILL get hurt again at some point. These things just happen sometimes it's not our fault. It's almost always hard to handle the first few times your little one gets hurt.

As he ages it'll become more of a weekly thing.... Lol DD has bruises on both legs right now from falling outside and/or running into things while bouncing off the walls. She's also fallen in the shower once this week because no matter how much I told her to stop she kept jumping up and down while she was in the shower.... Nothing I did, and I felt bad when it happened at first, but I also at this point just shrug it off if she over all seems fine(She still gets kisses and normally a band-aid even if it's not bleeding so we go threw a LOT of band aids. ). I mean she has a new bruise or SOMETHING almost daily just from playing and/or running around at the park... Just one of those things that can't exactly be helped though.

It doesn't make a person a bad parent when it's something like that where it's a total accident out of their hands..
    Last edited by LoveMikeyBear; 10-06-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Signature removed due to size.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    you are a wonderful mom. A bad mom wouldn't care! Don't beat yourself up!

I didn't post about it on here because it shook me up, but those on my fb will remember this. Few weeks ago I fell down the stairs while holding Teddy and he hit his head (ER trip and all). He was fine, but I beat myself up for days. I felt like it was my fault for wearing socks on the stairs, etc. My dad finally said to me what I said to you...the worst mother in the world would be the mother who wouldn't care that her child got hurt. The best mommy in the world makes mistakes, and kisses her baby's boo boos to make it all better, no matter how it happened. Cheer up!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inmansgirl06 View Post
    I can promise it wont be the last time he ends up with a scrape or bruise. It always makes me feel the same way as you though. Just try to remember that just because he has an accident like that, that it doesnt make it your fault.
    Thank you I really appreciate the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    You are NOT a bad mother accidents do and happen, and he WILL get hurt again at some point. These things just happen sometimes it's not our fault. It's almost always hard to handle the first few times your little one gets hurt.

As he ages it'll become more of a weekly thing.... Lol DD has bruises on both legs right now from falling outside and/or running into things while bouncing off the walls. She's also fallen in the shower once this week because no matter how much I told her to stop she kept jumping up and down while she was in the shower.... Nothing I did, and I felt bad when it happened at first, but I also at this point just shrug it off. I mean she has a new bruise or SOMETHING almost daily just from playing and/or running around at the park... Just one of those things that can;t exactly be helped though.

Doesn't make a person a bad parent when it's something like that where it's a total accident out of their hands.
    Thank you DS tends to fall a lot just as he's cruising around the living room and the kid has absolutely no fear. He will teeter off the couch every day because he knows that I wont let him fall! Hes so funny but its scary because it seems like he will be a risk taker as he gets older. I hope he doesnt take after daddy and want to jump out of airplanes! Lol
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    you are a wonderful mom. A bad mom wouldn't care! Don't beat yourself up!

I didn't post about it on here because it shook me up, but those on my fb will remember this. Few weeks ago I fell down the stairs while holding Teddy and he hit his head (ER trip and all). He was fine, but I beat myself up for days. I felt like it was my fault for wearing socks on the stairs, etc. My dad finally said to me what I said to you...the worst mother in the world would be the mother who wouldn't care that her child got hurt. The best mommy in the world makes mistakes, and kisses her baby's boo boos to make it all better, no matter how it happened. Cheer up!
    Thank you so much for these words! I appreciate them so much! That was definitely not your fault either
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Today during bath time, Cameron was laying in DH's hands "swimming" around, and he kicked off the side of the tub and hit his head on the opposite side. Don't beat yourself up. You are a wonderful mom. I love what Dana's dad said. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be taking the time to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast