Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Bottle Feeding/Amount they eat Question!

1. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries

Bottle Feeding/Amount they eat Question!

Advertisements
    My baby girl currently eats a bunch of 6 oz bottles per day. Should I be trying to give her 8 oz, fewer times a day?

One of my in-laws said that's what she did, so I don't know if I'm doing it wrong? Lol.

On occasion, it seems like she could put away more than 6 oz, but not always, so I don't think it'd be an all the time thing. I don't know what I am doing. I don't have a problem with her current schedule, I'm just checking. She just seems young to be taking 8 oz a few times a day, but she's also getting up at 4 am to eat and then going right back to sleep, so I wonder if it's because I'm not feeding her enough before bed? Or maybe just because she feels like doing that. Lol I don't know.
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Can you bump it up to 7? I only bumped it up by an ounce at a time. If she's still hungry after eating the 6 ounces I'd just bump it up to 7.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries

So just eyeball the scoop? I'm an airhead and never thought of that LOL
  4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Yeah, just eye ball it half way up. That's what I had to do and since my daughter is still alive, apparently I'm doing something right, lol.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Take her weight times 2.5, and divide by how many feeds a day she has. 8oz is a bit much for almost all babies.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Take her weight times 2.5, and divide by how many feeds a day she has. 8oz is a bit much for almost all babies.
    :yup

Is she by and chance spitting up a lot.

And ounce and hour is also a good rule of thump. Sometime we see bottles and think our babies need all of the milk, but then we stretch their little tummys before they are ready. Does she feed sitting up?
  7. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Minx View Post
    Yeah, just eye ball it half way up. That's what I had to do and since my daughter is still alive, apparently I'm doing something right, lol.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    That works great! It says 1/4 oz more than I'm feeding her now!

Quote Originally Posted by fallinstar View Post
    :yup

Is she by and chance spitting up a lot.

And ounce and hour is also a good rule of thump. Sometime we see bottles and think our babies need all of the milk, but then we stretch their little tummys before they are ready. Does she feed sitting up?
    She doesn't spit up a lot, but it's funny because when she does, it's a while after eating, like an hour or so. Usually it's because she squirms and moves a lot so a little comes out, but not much. She feeds sitting up-ish. She's on an angle. There was a day where she fed sitting up for most of it, but she always wants to lean back a little.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Every baby is different. Teddy just started taking 7 ounces during the day, but takes 8 ounces at night and first thing in the am. If she's hungry enough to eat that much and she isn't projectile vomiting it afterward, chances are the amount is fine. Go with the flow! Teddy didn't start stretching out over three hours until very, very recently (which is when I bumped up his amount based on his reaction to finishing a 6 ounce bottle). GL!