Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talking?

1. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.

Talking?

Advertisements
    When did your LO say their first word? When did they start saying more than a word or two?

Landon is quite a bit ahead is a lot of areas (walking, coordination, balance, figuring things out....size ), but I had thought he said his first word a few months ago, but it turns out, he may not of since he never did it again. So, basically he has yet to say any "real" words. I mean, he talks up an absolute storm (dadababa oogahsdhkfkasndfads ), but it's all baby babble. Should I be concerned?

2. Senior Member
    Not that I'm qualified to answer but I wouldn't be worried! My friend's 1 year old is still babbling just like that... Z has said mama and up! But it's usually more like "mamamammama" and "mmmmmbup!"
    Our sweet girl is here!
    ZoŽ Marie- 11.02.11!

http://princessgirlface.blogspot.com/
  3. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Nah, Maddie is pushing 14 months and she's still babbling, too. She says "dada" "mama" "bye-bye" and "more" and those are very clear. But other than that, she either signs what she wants or we understand what she's trying to say.

4. Senior Member
    does he mimik sounds you make or simple words? I dont think you have anything to be concerned about.

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  5. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by utemhsa View Post
    Not that I'm qualified to answer but I wouldn't be worried! My friend's 1 year old is still babbling just like that... Z has said mama and up! But it's usually more like "mamamammama" and "mmmmmbup!"
    I mean, he says "Muuuuhhh" which he equates to Mama but I just keep seeing all my friends with kids younger saying their kids keep saying clear words and I'm like He just baby talks 24/7 ....although his new thing is he makes tractor sounds when he's pushing his tractor around

Quote Originally Posted by sqrllvr123 View Post
    Nah, Maddie is pushing 14 months and she's still babbling, too. She says "dada" "mama" "bye-bye" and "more" and those are very clear. But other than that, she either signs what she wants or we understand what she's trying to say.
    I really wish I'd stuck with signing, I'm definitely going to with our next kid.

6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by inmansgirl06 View Post
    does he mimik sounds you make or simple words? I dont think you have anything to be concerned about.
    He will mimic sounds, but not words. The only thing he says that sounds like a word is "Dada" but he doesn't seem to have a full understanding or who or what Dada is yet.

7. Senior Member
    i would just constantly repeat words to him. like say mama and point to your self, or dada and point to dad. Do it all the time, repitition can be extremely helpful for little ones.

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  8. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Mimicking sounds is good.
    No I would not worry, our Ped said to not worry about that until about 1.5 years old..

Josephine is barely talking but he is not worried about her because of Genevieve and Marguerite. He said that it is normal for her to be like that with her sisters being so close in age to her.

Genevieve did not really start talking until about 1.5.. her first couple words tho were by her 1st birthday.

Marguerite says "momma" "dadda" and "baba"
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  9. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Yeah, nothing to worry about yet. Just talk to him a lot and point things out and repeat a lot. He will get the hang of it. Kaia started saying intentional things at 7 months (dada, mama, I want) but her speech didn't start to really develop until a lot more recently. Now she says a lot of things, but she still babbles a ton. We have to make her say things, like she has to tell me milk or juice when I get her a drink. She has to say please when she wants something. She has to point to her facial features and name them. That has developed into her saying little phrases like "What is that?" and "All right" and then there is the cute stuff like "bangarang" and we are currently teaching her "bazinga".

Kalista started saying "Mama", "Dada", and "Nana" (for Kaia ) just in the past few weeks. Later than Kaia but she says them more clearly than Kaia did, too, so I guess we'll see how she does!

10. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrowPeople* View Post

I really wish I'd stuck with signing, I'm definitely going to with our next kid.
    I'll be honest, it wasn't us. The CDC is big on the younger ones knowing it so they can get to their needs quicker. With a room full of kids, they need to be able to solve issues quickly. Madison took to it far better than Emma did. Maddie even looks at their baby sign book all the time, they tell me she loves it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast