Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Whoa Nelly...

1. Senior Member

Shocked Whoa Nelly...

Advertisements
    Why does no one tell you how incredibly painful the pelvic exam is at the six week check up? That was awful, not even my first pap as a kid was that bad. Apparently breastfeeding has made my poor vag angry. How long does it take to get back to semi normal using the estrogen cream? I'm terrified to have sex after how painful that appointment was.
  2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    uhmm... i cried the first time having sex afterwards.

3. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Ya, it was pretty painful for me, too. I can't remember when it felt normal again, to be honest.

4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

Well, I'm not looking forward to November now

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    it still hurts sometimes but i had a vaginal delivery. im not sure about a c section.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post

Well, I'm not looking forward to November now
    Mine didn't hurt at all, she sat back and took her gloves off and I said wait your already done? My Dr said sometimes after child birth those exams get easier. In my case she was right. OP and PP's I am sorry it was very unpleasant for you.
  7. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    That pelvic exam was pure misery

That being said, I had a c-section and was having sex around 7-8 weeks PP with no issues. I have no idea how it works for vaginal deliveries though (can't remember which you had ).

8. Senior Member

I had a c section but breastfeeding has made the skin down there very thin and painful. My cervix was also posterior, unlike before pregnancy, i had to have my legs in the air to even see my cervix...lol. The appointment was just all kind of terrible.
  9. Senior Member
    I had SUCH horrible problems "down there" postpartum from breastfeeding too. At my 6 week check up I got the mini pill and took that -and the entire time I was on it, it was almost physically impossible for me to have sex (it felt like there was a brick wall down there and my DH couldn't even really get it in, sorry TMI). So, basically from 6 weeks until 6 months, it was excruciating. They gave me the estrogen cream to use down there too and said that the tissue was "thin" and that I basically had a vag like a pre-menopausal woman! I finally went off the mini pill and things substantially improved. It continued to improve the less I breastfed throughout the day until it basically felt 99% like normal. I breastfeed 1x/day right now and before my husband deployed, things felt basically normal again.

I'm not sure if you were wanting to do the mini pill, but if you're having problems already, I'd suggest not using it since it will probably aggravate the issue.