Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Period Question for New Moms!

1. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries

Period Question for New Moms!

Advertisements
    So, I got on the Nuva Ring before my first post partum period. I have now done 2 cycles with it, and I love it. THIS IS BY NO MEANS A COMPLAINT! But have any of you noticed that you don't have cramping any more? I always read that the first PP period was terrible, but both of mine now have come without a single sign or symptom. I just notice that I'm bleeding. This is just odd for me because I used to get pretty debilitating cramps and now it's like... nothing.

Again, I'm not complaining OR bragging, lol just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or maybe it's just from the ring.
  2. Senior Member
    I only got a handful of period in between but I did notice this too. I'd like to think its the universes way of thanking me for popping out baby
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    it can take your body up to 2 years to get back to 'normal' after a delivery. So, in that time you could have lighter periods, heavier ones, ones with cramping, ones without cramping, etc. If your 'normal' was with cramping it could come back but I will hope for you that it doesn't

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. ...and carry a towel.
    ...and carry a towel.
    I always used to have the WORST cramps before I went on BC, so bad the first day or two I couldn't stand, and tried to regularly faint. My mother always told me it will be so until I have the first child. It was like it for her, for my grandma, and for my sister. Nightmarish before, easy after.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

my mom used to have the worst cramps ever. like fetal position vomiting etc so (I'm the same way bit have had no babies) after my mom had my brother no more cramps. mom hit menopause cramps came back

6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I still haven't had a PP period so I'm no help But that's awesome that you're not having any major cramping with it. I always heard the same thing about it being super duper painful.

7. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Yeah, no PP period here either but I am really hoping I am like you!