Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby carrier

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Baby carrier

Advertisements
    I want to get something to wear my baby, but I am not sure where to start.
    I need something that is going to fit over my big ole boobies, and be easy to use. I am not a huge fan of the wraps, as I can never figure them out lol
    I need something fairly inexpensive, I dont want to spend tons of money on something I can only use for a short time

Any suggestions?
  2. Senior Member
    I had an Ergo. I liked it but it's expensive. But it does go up to like 40lbs and I used it with a 2 year old.
  3. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Ergo is by far my favorite of my four but really they all have a place. I ole my mia tai as well. Only difference one ties one buckles
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ergo, absolutely. Super comfortable, Aubs loves it, DH and I can switch back and forth wearing it with four momentary adjustments. Absolutely the best IMO.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Whatever you get just make sure that the carrier allows them to be in a hip healthy position. Legs extended down is bad and can cause dysplasia in infants. You want their knees to be higher than their bum, like a little frog.

Hip Health in Baby Carriers, Baby Seats, and Other Equipment | International Hip Dysplasia Institute

6. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    I like the infantino "wrap" (I think it's called sash) one if you don't want an actual wrap. It's kind of a hybrid.

But I prefer my Moby
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    On a budget look on etsy for a mei tai. You so have to wrap it but it's less wrapping then a moby.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    I am a ring sling gal. I am also big boobed and was able to wear the RS comfortably. You can also hip carry, front carry, and back carry with a RS. They are adjustable on the top and the bottom of the sling so yo get the perfect fit. No wrapping or buckling involved. they are mostly made from cotton so they breathe and you dont get hot. Kaia is 35 lbs. and can still sit in my RS even with my bad back.
  9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by BeccaCCK View Post
    I am a ring sling gal. I am also big boobed and was able to wear the RS comfortably. You can also hip carry, front carry, and back carry with a RS. They are adjustable on the top and the bottom of the sling so yo get the perfect fit. No wrapping or buckling involved. they are mostly made from cotton so they breathe and you dont get hot. Kaia is 35 lbs. and can still sit in my RS even with my bad back.
    I just got a maya and I love it too. Especially in the heat.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeccaCCK View Post
    Which ring sling would you suggest? I have wrap, but I'm looking for something easy to run into the grocery store, or put on quickly when needed. I am big chested, but about size 6 pre-pregnancy if that matters.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast