Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: csection recovery

1. Senior Member

Question csection recovery

Advertisements
    When did you start to feel better and get easier? Today has been pretty rough. No epi drugs or other good stuff today, and I'm back on my feet sorta. I got out of bed which was really hard and walked ten feet at the speed of a snail. Then they made me p pee which was super hard too...lol please tell me it gets better today has been hard.
  2. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    It does. I'm 5 weeks out, I felt ok after a week or so, not 100% but I didnt want to die every time I moved.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It does get better!! I am about two months out.
    Do you have an abdominal binder? If not, GET ONE! They are HEAVEN. Also, if your actual incision hurts (or anywhere internally) ask for ice packs. They really help.
    OH and even though it hurts like crap, make sure you are not just laying on your back. After a night of (very supported) side sleeping, I felt better.
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I agree with the binder, they help ton! And side sleeping.

As for feeling better I am no help, I am eight almost nine months out and still have shooting pain and tenderness. I have heard just a coupe weeks from others thpugh
  5. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    i agree with the binder too!
    It helps with support a lot!
    Distance Divas

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Binder was a lifesaver! It gets better each day, you'll see. Are you having gas issues? That was the worst part for me. It hurt so bad...but, erm, dulcolax suppositories will help that in fifteen quick minutes if you run into that problem

Take it easy, most importantly. Don't get overly confident and do too much...it'll set back recovery in the long run!
  7. Senior Member
    It DOES get better. Everyone is different...

Quote Originally Posted by mossey2000 View Post
    It does. I'm 5 weeks out, I felt ok after a week or so, not 100% but I didnt want to die every time I moved.
    It only took me about two weeks to gain SOME semblance of mobility. But yes, I was definitely up and moving around before my 8 wk appointment post op.

Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    It does get better!! I am about two months out.
    Do you have an abdominal binder? If not, GET ONE! They are HEAVEN. Also, if your actual incision hurts (or anywhere internally) ask for ice packs. They really help.
    OH and even though it hurts like crap, make sure you are not just laying on your back. After a night of (very supported) side sleeping, I felt better.
    The binders are great, but make sure you don't wear it too much (I only wore mine at night) your muscles need to regain strength and the only way to do that is for them to support themselves and your body. I've always been a sidesleeper, I had a snoogle pillow (the C-shaped thing) when I was pregnant that I continued to use during recovery (I even made DH bring it to me in the hospital the first day). It is good back support.
  8. Senior Member
    Oh, and the going pee (and poop) gets easier quickly...The first time is the hardest. I think that's the thing that disappears first.
  9. Senior Member
    I had a horrible recovery, but it ended up being because I got an abscess that later had to be drained.

I hope you start feeling better soon. Peeing was only hard the first day, but pooping... that took a lot longer. I was super scared to poop, or laugh or cough. I definitely remember crying because I was laughing and it hurt so bad.
  10. Senior Member

Which brand of belly band would you recommend? I was already thinking of getting one just to help my belly go back to normal before i ended up with a csection, now i really want to make sure i get a good one. Any recommendations?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast