Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alexander's Birth Story *** IMG OBESE!!!!!***

1. Senior Member

Cloud 9 Alexander's Birth Story *** IMG OBESE!!!!!***

Advertisements
    So it's been a little crazy around here. Between having the baby & moving, I haven't been able to get on till today.

So, my last OB appt was July 31st. My bp was high & there were traces of protein in my urine. From my appt, my Dr. told me to headstraight to the hospital. I got admitted around 4-ish that afternoon & they inserted my Foley bulb around 5pm. Holy shit that crap hurt! I totally cried, especially since there was some miscommunication & my mom thought I didn't want her in the room for that, so I was in my room by myself while they inserted it. Was really weird having that in & was totally not fun trying to go pee on the toilet with a rubber tube hanging out!

They started my pitocin at 8:30pm & by 11:30pm I was begging for the epidural. Luckily the epidural was in right the first time, so I got to start getting relief pretty quick. I was on the pitocin all night & the balloon came out around 6am. I was 3-4cm at this point & 50% effaced, but the baby was totally not engaged & up way too high. My Dr. broke my water at 9am & inserted an internal moniter. Baby wasn't liking that or the pit contractions, so I had to get put on oxygen. At around noon, the nurse that checked me said I was at 5cm, but when the Dr. came to check me at around 1pm he said I was only 3cm & baby still hadn't dropped. Dr. gave me until 5pm for something to happen before I went into the OR for a c-section. Welp, 5pm came & he was still being stubborn, so I got wheeled into the OR. They had to keep up-ing my epi during prep because it was starting to wear off. Right before DH was supposed to come in the room they made the first incision & went to spread my abdominal muscles. Well....... I felt them doing that, so the anesthisiologist knocked my ass out. Xander was born at 5:39pm, he was 9lbs 4oz & 22.5in long! When I came around in recovery, I was high as a freaking kite. As the drugs started to wear off, I ended up getting a little sick. Around 7pm, I got wheeled to my room. DH was in the nursery with Xander while he got his bath. I didn't get to hold Xander until after 9pm. DH stayed the night with me that night & my mom went back to our place to get some sleep. Because of all the fluids they pumped into me, my boobs were really swollen, so they gave me a sheild to use while nursing. We were released Friday afternoon.

Luckily I was filling out the chart the Lactation nurse gave me, because I realized over the weekend that Xander really wasn't peeing or pooping & his lips were getting chapped. I realized that even though he was nursing with the shield, he wasn't actually getting anything! I broke down, then gave him a little formula. Then I started breaking out the pump. Here we are almost 3 weeks later, and I still can't get him to latch. I've been pumping every 3 hrs, because I REALLY don't want to give him formula if I can avoid it. I did try contacting the LC again after I realized he wasn't getting anything while nursing & instead of her trying to help me get him latched on without the sheild, she told me to keep using the damn sheild. I can have him latched on with that for an hour & he's still starving after. Ugh!!

Well, here's pics of my squishy!!!

Before being admitted....

I look all drugged still...

I'll flood FB with the rest of the pics!!!

I was organizing my Photobucket so I could send my dad pics....... So all the pic links got broken, feel free to check out the album though! http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...obert%20Droog/
    Last edited by Meggie; 08-23-2012 at 03:46 PM.
  2. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    He's adorable!

3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Can I steal him for a while? Just for a week or so.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

:)
    Blog Entries
    He is so cute and chunky looking

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I LOVE babies!!! He is a cutie!!
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks ladies!!! I think I'll keep him!!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Seriously is so adorable it hurts!!! Those chub cheeks!
  9. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

10. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

That last pic is my fave

www.SnarkyFit.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast