Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To all the mommies out there...

A Team
    Blog Entries

To all the mommies out there...

Advertisements
    new or experienced I have a question for you!
    My friend is 7-8 weeks pregnant and is moving back home to finish up her last year of schooling so she gets it out of the way before her baby arrives. Since I won't be there for her bridal shower I want to send her a badass care package! So please tell me, what would you suggest to put in the box? What were some of your newborn life-saving items and/or what did you wish you had received or had more of?! Help!

Thanks in advance
    This girl is gearing up for ANG!

islandxgirl:My bestie, my love, my wifey since 06/22/11
  2. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Burp cloths, diapers, wipes, blankets, toys... basically any practical items that you know she will use. I hated all the cutesy outfits TBH because I just got SO many that he never or barely wore.

A Team
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KaityBug View Post
    Burp cloths, diapers, wipes, blankets, toys... basically any practical items that you know she will use. I hated all the cutesy outfits TBH because I just got SO many that he never or barely wore.
    Thanks!
    She has also mentioned wanting to try cloth diapering...which I'll have to research into It's just a lot of new territory. I am excited tho, and I have already offered to babysit once in awhile when she wants alone time with her hubby...or even just a couple hours to have a nap

I just don't know what kind of mom she'll be the "omg thank you please take my baby!" or the "um, nobody can hold him/her but me"

4. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    For the baby: an Amber Teething Necklace (you can find them on Amazon)
    For the mother: a Gift Card to a store, restaurant of her preference or the local Spa
  5. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson_heart07 View Post
    Thanks!
    She has also mentioned wanting to try cloth diapering...which I'll have to research into It's just a lot of new territory. I am excited tho, and I have already offered to babysit once in awhile when she wants alone time with her hubby...or even just a couple hours to have a nap

I just don't know what kind of mom she'll be the "omg thank you please take my baby!" or the "um, nobody can hold him/her but me"
    You never know until the baby gets here! Maybe like a spa certificate for a pedicure or something else that is "mommy time." I know I would've appreciated that a lot, too. Every momma is different though, so what I might have loved, someone else might not.
    You are such a good friend to be so concerned.

A Team
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    For the baby: an Amber Teething Necklace (you can find them on Amazon)
    For the mother: a Gift Card to a store, restaurant of her preference or the local Spa
    Great idea!
    You never know until the baby gets here! Maybe like a spa certificate for a pedicure or something else that is "mommy time." I know I would've appreciated that a lot, too. Every momma is different though, so what I might have loved, someone else might not.
    You are such a good friend to be so concerned.
    Thanks!
    I think she'll appreciate anything I send her, I just want to reassure her she's not alone!

7. Banned
    Banned
    mommy's Bliss Gripe Water! It's a miracle worker.
  8. Senior Member
    packs of footie jamies , sleep sack or just plain one-sees . or crib sheets. If it comes in a pack its something she's going to need alot of
  9. Senior Member

Gift cards to restaurants would be nice too since there will be nights she won't want to cook and if she's trying to do school too, it'll just make her life easier.
    misskrissyo is my partner in crime Fifi is my lover

10. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    You can also buy her baby some small stuff that are not so common and I bet she would appreciate you for them:

Carseat weather shield (only to be used outside the car): Amazon.com: Jolly Jumper Weathershield for Infant Car Seat - Protects Baby From Rain, Sleet, Snow & Wind - Phthalate Free: Baby

Carseat insect net (never to be left while driving, only outside the car exclusively): Amazon.com: Fitted Insect/Bug Netting For Infant Carrier: Baby

Stroller/carseat (travel system) insect net: Amazon.com: Jolly Jumper Insect - Bug Net - Fits Most Strollers, Pack 'N Play, Bassinets, Cradles and Car Seats: Baby

Sleeping sack: Amazon.com: HALO SleepSack 100% Cotton Wearable Blanket, Baby Blue, Small: Baby

Woombie swaddle (this one is very common): Amazon.com: The Deluxe Woombie Baby Cocoon Swaddle (Newborn (5-13 lbs), Ballet Pink Ruffle): Baby

Carseat/stroller arch toy (great while going shopping, doc appointments and such): Amazon.com: Tiny Love Take-Along Arch, Sunny Stroll: Baby

Carseat canopy (again, only while walking somewhere, never while driving): https://www.carseatcanopy.com/cart (they offer huge discounts all the time)

and that Amber Teething necklace is a MUST. She will love you for it when her baby starts teething.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast