Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Naps?

1. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡

Naps?

Advertisements
    How often and for how long does your baby nap? How old is s/he?
    Do you put him/her down for a nap or wait until s/he falls asleep?

DS is 4.5 months old and barely naps. I'm talking we're lucky if we get two or three naps in a day. Also they're never for more than an hour and usually only 20 or 30 minutes. Everything I've read says babies his age should still be sleeping 12-15 hours a day but he definitely isn't. I also don't put him down and make him nap; I let him play until he is sleepy, which is usually never. He's still growing well for his age, so I'm more curious than concerned.

2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    she's 6 weeks and she naps for a 2-3 hours like 3 times a day. however last night she was up from 7pm - 2:30 am which is bizarre for her.

3. Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    I've had a hard time with Josh & napping. When he was younger, he would only nap for a half hour at a time. I think he grew out of that around 4-5 months. I put him down when he starts showing that he's tired, rubbing his eyes, being extra cranky and clingy. He's been on a 2 nap a day schedule since we moved here, so since 4ish months. Over the past 2 months or so, he's finally gotten to where he takes 1.5-2 hour naps. His morning nap is usually shorter, afternoon he'll sometimes go up to 3 hours. He sleeps 11-12 hours at night, so a couple 2 hour naps is all he needs during the day.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wyatt is 14mos old and takes two naps per day around hour and a half/two hours long (sometimes longer sometimes shorter but that's the average) and then sleeps about 12hours overnight. As soon as he starts getting tired, we go upstairs and read a book for five minutes and then it's into the crib and the times are pretty consistent each day.

When he was Caden's age, I pretty much just let him do what he wanted. I was nursing so if he fell asleep after nursing in my arms, I'd hold him for a little bit and then he'd nap in his swing. Very rarely did he nap where he slept at night (in our bed) so he was always downstairs with me.
  5. Senior Member
    DD naps once a day after lunch whenever that is .It usually last for 2 hours but if she doesn't sleep I at least keep her in the pack n play for an hour for "quiet time" and she's 13 months old today. At 4 months it was still kind of " when she sleeps she sleeps , if shes up she's up"
  6. Senior Member
    Peyton is 6 months old and she only stays up for about an hour and a half at a time, as soon as she starts showing sleep cues she goes down. She naps 3 times a day for 1.5-2 hours each nap. She wakes up at 7 and goes down at 830 for a nap. She gets up at 1030 eats and plays and goes down again at noon until about 2. At 2 she eats and plays till 330 then naps til about 530. 530 she eats plays til 730 when she has bath bottle and bed. This is her schedule if were home during the day, if were out she sticks to it give or take 15 mins.
  7. Senior Member
    E is almost a year old and she takes two naps a day, between 1-3 hrs/each time. If she gets up super early, sometimes she will still take a 3rd nap, because on average, she's not awake more than 2.5-3 hrs straight, ever.