Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I do not know what to do...

1. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries

I do not know what to do...

Advertisements
    ...with my daughter.

The past 2 nights, she was up every 2 hours to eat only 2 oz. (Typically she'll eat 4 in one feeding.) Then, she started with the whole, fussing unless I'm holding her thing. She'll fall asleep in my arms after being fed and changed, and as soon as I put her in her bassinet, she's crying. It's just so frustrating because she is fine. What's harder to deal with is when I make a bottle, she'll eat SOME, but fall asleep part way through... then scream when I put her down, then scream when I try to feed her more.

I'm basically losing my mind.

People say it's not possible to "spoil" an infant this young, but I don't know what else to call it. Lol. She only wants to sleep if I'm holding her. I'm not saying that's a terrible thing, I know that she was in the womb for 9 months, but dang. We do not co-sleep, and I just don't know what to do! This is pretty new, and pretty hard to deal with. She wasn't always like this with her sleeping habits. She does not have days and nights mixed up because she does sleep, she's just very picky about where she sleeps.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh I know that feeling all too well. Joseph went through that at about three weeks. I ended up cosleeping just to get some sleep

Have you tried swaddling? Maybe even double swaddling? My boy hates being swaddled but it is the only way he will sleep
  3. Kas
    This love will never end
    This love will never end
    It's possible the poor thing may have a belly ache, my daughter would do the same thing until we switched her formula. Is she gasie? She may not be eating much because it's hard on her stomach. Does she drink breast milk or formula?
  4. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    Oh I know that feeling all too well. Joseph went through that at about three weeks. I ended up cosleeping just to get some sleep

Have you tried swaddling? Maybe even double swaddling? My boy hates being swaddled but it is the only way he will sleep
    She's swaddled! Every night, since birth! We use a miracle blanket. I am terrified of co-sleeping. We sleep pretty heavily, so I just don't feel comfortable. Plus, I've been dreaming that I've rolled over and smooshed her or pushed her out of bed and onto the floor since she was born. Which is odd, since she has never slept with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    It's possible the poor thing may have a belly ache, my daughter would do the same thing until we switched her formula. Is she gasie? She may not be eating much because it's hard on her stomach. Does she drink breast milk or formula?
    I would think that was it, but she never minds eating during the day... she'll eat the 4 oz no problem! It really just seems like she gets sleepy and is too tired to stay awake and eat, and then gets pissed that I bother her with it. When she IS gassy, I can usually tell, based on how she's fussing. This is weird, lol. I think she's probably just doing normal baby stuff, I just hate not knowing what to do! (Oh, and she is on formula. Same as she's been on since birth!)
  5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't recommend co sleeping either.
    But this sounds like normal crazy baby stuff. Think its their way of making sure you dont try and pop out another too soon
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

6. Senior Member
    This is what got my mom started on our "blankies". I don't know if this will work in your situation though. My mom used to wear those silky pajamas all the time, both my brother and I wouldn't go to sleep unless she was holding us, so my mom cut up her pajamas, laid us on top of a big piece and after that had absolutely no problems. Maybe she just needs something that smells/feels like you?
  7. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    I wouldn't recommend co sleeping either.
    But this sounds like normal crazy baby stuff. Think its their way of making sure you dont try and pop out another too soon
    ROFL. No way in HELL will I be popping out another one right now! I am using 2 forms of BC. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
    This is what got my mom started on our "blankies". I don't know if this will work in your situation though. My mom used to wear those silky pajamas all the time, both my brother and I wouldn't go to sleep unless she was holding us, so my mom cut up her pajamas, laid us on top of a big piece and after that had absolutely no problems. Maybe she just needs something that smells/feels like you?
    That is an awesome idea! One little problem for me- I'm almost always in a tank, so when I hold her she's on my bare chest. I can't make a blankie out of that! Maybe I'll try with some shirt of mine... Hmm...

Thanks!
  8. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries

9. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    She did it again! Up at 11, 12, 1:45, 4 and 5. Now she's passed out lol.

She had been such a great sleeper too, going to bed at 10:30 and getting up at 1:30 and 5:30! Not no mo'!

I hope this phase passes soon, I need a break!
  10. Senior Member
    I know it can be hard but maybe let her cry it out?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast