Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Question

1. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡

Sleep Question

Advertisements
    Caden's doctor told us that he should sleep entirely through the night by now, and that if we just left him alone when he woke up that he'd go back to sleep on his own. He said to let him cry and to definitely NOT feed him or rock him.

...does this sound like good advice? I'm having the hardest time listening to him cry.

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Umm... At four months (hell, at 8-10mos), Wyatt was still waking up wanting to nurse multiple times a night, like more than three times a night still at four months... I'm going to hedge a bet and say that you're not going to ruin Caden if he still wants to nurse (a bottle, can't remember what you're doing - sorry!) in the middle of the night

Wanted to add that it's not recommended to leave a baby under 6mos to CIO. At four months, I don't think they really have the capability to self-soothe, yet.
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    What the fuck?! at 4 months old to cry it out??
    Thats not good for him, and totally normal for him to be waking up. Some babies just don't sleep through the night till later.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    What the heck!!? No no no! If he waking up hungry he needs some food! I can't believe the doctor told you that!! and dd was the type that when she was older she still woke up because she just needed a little extra comfort.
  5. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    At four months, no, it is not okay. Sometimes, I just don't understand Pediatricians when they give this kind of advice to new moms. Don't they have kids?

At that age they are:

-hungry
    -wet
    -need to be cuddled, loved
    -hungry
    -wet
    -need to be held close and loved

Point is: they need something and crying is their only form of communicating with the parent. Don't listen to your Ped on this one. CIO method should not be applied at this young age.

You are a good mommy to your baby boy. Go with your mommy instincts.
  6. Senior Member
    I just started doing that with DD at a year old I wouldn't image doing that at least before their eating all solids..poor guy still gets hungry...
  7. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    Umm... At four months (hell, at 8-10mos), Wyatt was still waking up wanting to nurse multiple times a night, like more than three times a night still at four months... I'm going to hedge a bet and say that you're not going to ruin Caden if he still wants to nurse (a bottle, can't remember what you're doing - sorry!) in the middle of the night

Wanted to add that it's not recommended to leave a baby under 6mos to CIO. At four months, I don't think they really have the capability to self-soothe, yet.
    Thank God. I was so worried that I was a terrible mother for not being comfortable with his doctor's suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    What the fuck?! at 4 months old to cry it out??
    Thats not good for him, and totally normal for him to be waking up. Some babies just don't sleep through the night till later.
    I completely agree. He only gets up once, so I thought that was considered GREAT for a 4 mo old.

Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    What the heck!!? No no no! If he waking up hungry he needs some food! I can't believe the doctor told you that!! and dd was the type that when she was older she still woke up because she just needed a little extra comfort.
    Oh good. I feel so bad that I kept "cheating" (by giving DS the bottle) and ignoring the dr's advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    At four months, no, it is not okay. Sometimes, I just don't understand Pediatricians when they give this kind of advice to new moms. Don't they have kids?

At that age they are:

-hungry
    -wet
    -need to be cuddled, loved
    -hungry
    -wet
    -need to be held close and loved

Point is: they need something and crying is their only form of communicating with the parent. Don't listen to your Ped on this one. CIO method should not be applied at this young age.

You are a good mommy to your baby boy. Go with your mommy instincts.
    Thank you I thought it was an odd suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I just started doing that with DD at a year old I wouldn't image doing that at least before their eating all solids..poor guy still gets hungry...
    He does (sort of) eat solids, but certainly not enough to hold him through the night yet!

8. Senior Member
    No, I don't think that's sound advice.

We really started pushing E to sleep through the night when she was like 6 months old. At 4 months, she had slept through the night occasionally, but then also started teething badly, and regressed to waking up 1-2x/night because of that. When the teething was over and she popped out 2 little teeth, she almost instantly started sleeping better again.
  9. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    WTH???? 4 months is lucky babies are all different. My 3.5 year old didn't sleep through the night until a year, my 17 month old was around 8 months, and I got lucky with my one that was just born on March 12 she will sleep from 10 til 7am. But I would not listen to that doctor! If he sleeps good at naps and only wakes up once that is awesome for 4 months old!!!!
  10. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I agree with everyone else that 4 months is WAY too young to do that. I don't agree with CIO at all because to me they're crying for a reason but I definitely don't agree with it at that age. Leo still wakes up multiple times at night to eat and he's almost 7 months.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast