Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding & teeth

1. If you want to be loved, be lovable.
    If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Help Breastfeeding & teeth

Advertisements
    I got bitten for the first time today.

Any suggestions on how to keep that from happening?
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Pay attention to baby to watch for signs of being done, avoid loud sounds or things that will over distract him. I personally tap DD's cheek and tell her no, no bite very firmly, and put her down for a few minutes.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Pay attention to baby to watch for signs of being done, avoid loud sounds or things that will over distract him. I personally tap DD's cheek and tell her no, no bite very firmly, and put her down for a few minutes.
    This is all that worked for me. I tried just saying "No" and taking DD off, but she thought it was funny because she got a reaction...then one night she drew blood and I tapped her face to make her unlatch (finger wouldn't work..she didn't want to let go) and got up and left the room..well that made her mad and she didn't bite again
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The first time, I told him no and made him stop for a minute and then relatch. After that, he would get the No and then would sit on the floor for a couple minutes - kinda like a time out. I only got bitten a handful of times so it must have worked.
  5. Senior Member
    zane just got his first two teeth in i'm not looking forward to this ! he is so easily distracted lately , and just wants to watch/learn about / talk to anyone or anything within ten feet of us nursing....
    Due March 19 2009 born at 31w6d,54 day NICU stay(home march 11th w/o anything),4 days on vent,40ish days on O2 after that
    Due March 11 2012 born at 35w 1 d, 11 day NICU stay(home Feb 17 with O2 ),27 days on Oxygen
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Cam has gum "bitten" me a couple times. I unlatch him when he does it, but he's still little enough that he's not meaning to. I hope.
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I just tell Naomi "no biting" and "ow that hurts mommy" we unlatch for a min and try again, if it happens again she gets sat down and we revisit nursing after a little bit. Works well.
  8. If you want to be loved, be lovable.
    If you want to be loved, be lovable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    He's SO easily distracted, even in a quiet dark room. I don't know if telling him no will work yet because he's not even 5 months yet but I'll definitely try! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by chickadeebaby View Post
    This is all that worked for me. I tried just saying "No" and taking DD off, but she thought it was funny because she got a reaction...then one night she drew blood and I tapped her face to make her unlatch (finger wouldn't work..she didn't want to let go) and got up and left the room..well that made her mad and she didn't bite again
    oh my gosh she drew blood?!

Quote Originally Posted by proudmomofowen View Post
    zane just got his first two teeth in i'm not looking forward to this ! he is so easily distracted lately , and just wants to watch/learn about / talk to anyone or anything within ten feet of us nursing....
    My baby is the same! How old is your baby?
  9. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Started the no and "nursing time out" at 5 months with my son. they understand food
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

10. Senior Member
    My ds got his first teeth when he turned 3 months old. when I would feel him start to bite, I would gently tap his nose which was enough to break his concentration and he would go back to nursing. It only took a few times and then he stopped completely. When dd started she was much older and I would do the same. If I said "ow" or "no" she took it as a game. If I just broke her concentration she would stop and go back to nursing.

Perhaps that is all you may need to do.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast