Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: i'm scared

1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.

i'm scared

Advertisements
    so i'm trying to let kevin tend to addilynn every time she cries so he can get used to it because he will be watching her while im at work. which i start back on tuesday .

im SO scared to leave him with her. i trust him completely but hes never been around a baby other than this one and every time she cries he asks me what he should do or how he should hold her. i know its a learning experience but im scared she's going to cry when i leave and he wont be able to console her and she might make herself sick or something from crying.

they're in her room right now and hes trying to get her to stop crying but he keeps asking what should he do. and i just want to grab her and i know i can make her stop crying but he needs to learn.

however he has mastered diaper changes so thats good i guess. i'm just paranoid.

2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    That's normal sweetie I was like that with DH as well, especially because he wasn't around for the first month, so I knew exactly what to do, when to do it, and he had no clue. It'll all work out, just like you learned her cues, he will too

Deep breathes and just keep doing what you are. Give him that time with her even though every fiber of your being wants to race in there and console her. He'll figure it out

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My DH was like that, too, and he was around babies before. I didn't go back to work but I left him (and my dad) with Wyatt for about an hour and a half after Wyatt was fed when my mom and I went on a hunt for food. My poor husband called me sobbing saying that he didn't know what to do and W just was crying and crying. My dad, apparently, had no idea either and my mom started telling me how horrible he was with me and my siblings. Just not great with babies DH survived, Wyatt did, as well, and from that hour, they both learned how to handle W.
  4. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    My DH was like that, too, and he was around babies before. I didn't go back to work but I left him (and my dad) with Wyatt for about an hour and a half after Wyatt was fed when my mom and I went on a hunt for food. My poor husband called me sobbing saying that he didn't know what to do and W just was crying and crying. My dad, apparently, had no idea either and my mom started telling me how horrible he was with me and my siblings. Just not great with babies DH survived, Wyatt did, as well, and from that hour, they both learned how to handle W.
    eeeek. my shift is from 4pm - 2 am. and i have a double next sat from 10 am -10 pm.

so. freaking. scared.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

everything will be fine

6. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Your mommy fears are totally natural. He will get used to caring for her. It takes time. Let him practice under your supervision as much as possible and even if he asks questions, calmly guide him. If you stay calm and collected about it, it will help your husband stay calm and he won't end up frustrated or stressed.
  7. Senior Member
    he will figure it out when he is home with her and you arent there. he will try different things. DH figured it out pretty quickly, it will take time but he will get the hang of it
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

8. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

While I have no advice because I have no children, I wish you the best of luck with your return to work and the best of luck to your DH for taking care of your daughter while you are at work!

9. Regular Member
    They'll get the hang of each other eventually. But the first few times she may just end up crying herself to sleep. Mine still does this because she hates going to sleep. Tell him to remember the checklist: look for wet/dirty diaper, if it's been a while since she last ate see if she's hungry, and if none of those are a go she most likely just wants comfort and sleep. As moms, we just know, but at least for him he can be assured he's covered his bases, which will put him at ease and ultimately her as well. I would also recommend getting a carrier, the kind that is just a large piece of fabric that you wrap around yourself. That way she's right up against him all snuggled in. Can't tell you how many times my DD fell asleep in hers.