Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Burping!

1. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries

Burping!

Advertisements
    How long do you try to burp your baby for?

Belle is a really difficult... burp-er. It takes forever to get a burp out of her, so unless she's throwing a fit, I never know if she actually has to burp or not. We use Dr. Brown's bottles, so maybe they help her to not even have to burp? Sometimes she won't burp and nothing happens, and sometimes she doesn't burp but then spits up a little while later! I'm always worried that she'll spit up in her sleep and choke on it. I'm a paranoid mama.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I absolutely keep at it until I get a burp...sometmes it can take ten minutes but i do it. I burp him for every ounce and a half of formula he takes in. Sometimes it's harder than other times to get one out, but if I don't do it the gas will move into his intestines and give him gas pain. Try walking while burping her and put a little bounce into your step, that is almost always guaranteed to coax a burp out of Teddy!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ds is hard to burp too! I've given up trying to burp him during night time feedings! Otherwise it takes him like 5 plus minutes! We've been having luck with the burping position where you have him on your lap and you lean them forward kind with one hand on their chest then pat the back with the other hand. It's actually very awkward since he wiggles so much but its kinda been workin!
  4. Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    Try different positions, that might help her burp quicker/easier. One of my kids was an over the shoulder burper, another liked to sit up in my lap and have his back patted. You could try over your knee too.
  5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I stopped after about a minute, and comete stopped trying to burp them by 2 months. Mine never minded.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

6. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    I absolutely keep at it until I get a burp...sometmes it can take ten minutes but i do it. I burp him for every ounce and a half of formula he takes in. Sometimes it's harder than other times to get one out, but if I don't do it the gas will move into his intestines and give him gas pain. Try walking while burping her and put a little bounce into your step, that is almost always guaranteed to coax a burp out of Teddy!
    This is what i do too. We use Tommie tippee and nuk bottles but most of the time I get a burp out after the first couple pats.