Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't know what to do

1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.

I don't know what to do

Advertisements
    My child has been screaming for an hour now. She's starving.. I know she is cause she hasn't ate in about 4 hours and she keeps sucking on her hands. But she won't latch or suck from a bottle... I don't know why. I'm sitting here in tears cause she just won't eat and continues to scream as hard as she can. I don't know if her thrush is bothering her or what. She doesn't have fever and she's not gassy.

Shes never done this and i just don't know.

2. Moderator

I'm sorry. It's so frustrating when they can't be consoled.

Have you tried swaddling her and trying a different position to nurse? The thrush could be bothering her, or it could be something else. I would experiment with a different hold to nurse it.

I hope she calms down and eats soon.
  3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I wrapped her up tight and she seems to be calming down. And my family members are like "let me have her. I can make her calm down"

Like wtf like they think I can't help my own child. Ugh I'm just mad now. I think my visit here will be much shorter than I anticipated

4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Make sure she is warm, not overstimulated, and try some white noise. Babies love motion, too, so try swaying or swinging her around and shushing or singing. You can also try to give her a little food with a dropper so that if it is hunger she will get a little in her stomach and that may calm her enough to finish eating.

mama, I hope she calms down for you!

5. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    I wrapped her up tight and she seems to be calming down. And my family members are like "let me have her. I can make her calm down"

Like wtf like they think I can't help my own child. Ugh I'm just mad now. I think my visit here will be much shorter than I anticipated
    Then go in another room. Sindorella is right, she needs to not be overstimulated, especially at her age. With her swaddled, bounce or rock her, shush her and see if that works. Then you can try to feed her.
  6. Senior Member
    One of the neonatologists I work with said thrush is very painful in newborns and can cause them to not want to eat just because it hurts. So I'm sure she's starving, but when she goes to latch, it just hurts. Have you tried Gentian violet? That's what we use in the NICU a good bit of the time, and I'm pretty sure you can get it OTC. It causes her mouth (and if she's nursing, you!) to become purple, but it works.

Good luck and hope you can get her to calm down and eat

ETA:

http://www.babyzone.com/baby/baby-he...h-thrush_66491
  7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I think they meant more good than harm. MIT her crying is stressing you out then it in turn will cause her to cry 'ore etc.

Hope she calms down soon.
  8. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Omg she ate. Finally. 4 oz!!!!

I fed her with a dropper and it pisses her off more lol but after about 5 times of that she ate. Now she's just laying here wide away staring at the fan not making any sounds.

9. Moderator

I fed her with a dropper and it pisses her off more lol but after about 5 times of that she ate. Now she's just laying here wide away staring at the fan not making any sounds.
    Yay! I'm so glad she ate!
  10. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

I'm glad she finally ate. The picture of her in your signature is so cute! She is adorable!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast