Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supplement for increasing milk supply?

1. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick

Supplement for increasing milk supply?

Advertisements
    I feel silly posting in "New Moms" since my youngest is now almost 15 months LOL. I had gotten down to nursing Ella just a couple times a day and was thinking she was close to weaning, as I just introduced cow's milk (and that seemed to be when my first two kids lost interest in nursing). Well, I don't think she's tolerating the cow's milk well, so I'm thinking I'll continue nursing her. I also switched to regular birth control (has estrogen and progesterone) which I know can decrease milk supply. It's definitely making it take longer for my milk to let down, and I'm sure that it's the combination of me taking birth control and having had her down to nursing just a couple times a day, and now I'm trying to increase that again. And of course she's getting frustrated when milk isn't flowing.

ANYway, I know it's been mentioned here before--isn't there a supplement that is supposed to be pretty helpful? I want to say it's called Mother's Milk Plus or something?? If anyone knows or has another suggestion, please let me know!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  2. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    I went nuts with the supplements when I tried to re-lactate. I took Domperidone (Motilium, Motilidone), Metoclopramide (Reglan), Fenugreek, and some other over the counter supplements/teas.

http://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastf..._galactagogue/
  3. Senior Member

Oatmeal,
    something that starts with an F... shoot I used to know what it was.. feun something...

those are the biggies.. The mother's milk is a tea, you can get that at a health food store

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I used fenugreek when I was gearing up for a big pumping with Wyatt.
  5. Senior Member
    Brewers Yeast!!! And Mother's Milk Tea.
  6. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Fenugreek, you have to take a ton. Like 9 pills a day (600mg). You can also do More Milk Plus (I used the tincture) which has a bunch of lactation herbs in it. There is also Mother's Milk tea. You could try leptaden which is supposed to help with supply, or domperidone. You can order them online, leptaden is supposed to help increase supply and then you can stop taking it, domperidone is supposed to drastically increase supply (worked VERY well for me) but you have to keep taking it until you are done nursing.

7. Senior Member
    Be careful what herbs you take.. Especially if you are on any meds. If you know an herbalist, I'd consult them first, if not, I can refer a good one.
  8. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    I took fenugreek while pumping with Henry. I took about 12 capsules. I also used Motherlove's More Milk Special Blend and loose leaf tea used as galactagogues. I never bothered with tea bags. The herbs aren't as fresh and strong. I used Dom, too, but found herbal galactagogues to work and take less time to increase my supply.
    Pax, Aeon
  9. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    Fenugreek, you have to take a ton. Like 9 pills a day (600mg). You can also do More Milk Plus (I used the tincture) which has a bunch of lactation herbs in it. There is also Mother's Milk tea. You could try leptaden which is supposed to help with supply, or domperidone. You can order them online, leptaden is supposed to help increase supply and then you can stop taking it, domperidone is supposed to drastically increase supply (worked VERY well for me) but you have to keep taking it until you are done nursing.
    With Fenugreek, you definitely need to take a lot. You need to take enough to smell like syrup...lol. I'm also a fan of Mother's Milk.

Domperidone worked fabulous for my lactation friend, but like Sindorella said, you have to keep taking it until you are done nursing. My friend has had quite the time weaning off of it.
  10. Senior Member
    Pretty much everything the ladies have already stated.

Did you just start the birth control?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast