Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quitting Breastfeeding.

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quitting Breastfeeding.

Advertisements
    Well i've made the decision to quit pumping my breast milk. It's been almost 6 whole months since T has been born and I've done really well with pumping. But it's so time consuming. I'm ready to have my evenings with DH.

Right now our schedule goes like this. Obviously I pump in the morning and afternoon but in the evenings DH gets home at 4:45, then it's dinner time, after dinner we have to clean the kitchen. We might get a few minutes to sit down to play with T but then around 6:40-7 we get Tristen's bath ready. Give him a bath, feed him, rock him to sleep about 8pm sometimes later if he's fighting it. Then after that I have to pump which takes like 30+ minutes then DH and I try and get into bed about 9:30ish. I just feel like i'm losing time to spend with my husband or doing things I need to get done... even things for myself like relaxing and reading.

I never thought i'd say this but I feel guilty for quitting. Never imagined I'd last 3 months let alone 6 months. I just I dunno. I'm ready to be done. We are about to move and I don't feel like setting up a new pumping station there and then at the end of August we are headed home and I hate feeling like i'm tied to the pump.

I have a wic appointment tomorrow and so i'll be switching to formula. I don't know really why i'm posting this. But I really just felt like getting it off my chest and sharing with SOMEONE.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You made it 6 months, thats a HUGE accomplishment!
  3. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I don't think there's anything to feel guilty about, if anything you should feel proud that you made it 6 months. Not everyone can BF for the first month, let alone the first six.

There's no right or wrong when it comes to BFing vs. FF IMO. It's whatever you feel is going to work best for you and your son. *hugs*

4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    You made it 6 months, thats a HUGE accomplishment!
    Exactly this.

I only plan to BF about 6 months if that. You are a great mother & you shouldn't feel guilty about not breastfeeding. Don't look at yourself as a quitter!

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thanks Ladies. I don't feel bad that i'll be giving him formula. I actually don't care either way. But I don't know really how I feel lol. I guess i'm just an odd ball of emotions right now. I'm dealing with a lot of stress with this move and potentially having to pay over $2000 just to get out of this apartment lease and potentially more money than that. I feel like pumping is just an added stress right now and time consuming that i'd rather be relaxing.

Blah. I know 6 months was my original "goal" but when I was in the hospital I told the nurses if I didn't make a week I wouldn't care. Well now 6 months later and i'm kind of blah about it.
  6. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Wow! 6 months is a really long time to pump and I'm proud of you for doing it. I only pump when we drive out of town so Leo can have milk in a bottle. I can't imagine having to pump all the time. I think you should be proud for doing it for so long and just do what is best for you.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I say as long as mother and baby are happy, then do whatever it is that best suits the two of you! If one of you isn't board, then its time to stop.
  8. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Curious why does it take you over 30 min to pump? I can totally see how that wold get old fast, what kind do you have?

I pump throughout the day but it only takes 10 min which IMO is manageable.

You made it six months that is great ad with all the extra stress going on that is one less thing you will have to fret about.
  9. Moderator

You are awesome to make it 6 months, especially pumping!! That is an amazing feat.

It's totally common to have mixed emotions when you stop bf'ing. Your emotions can be all over the place as you wean from pumping.
  10. Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz
    Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz

Wow! 6 months of pumping... I probably would stop also, as getting the pump out and ready and then pumping/storing and cleaning.... it's just too much work IMO. I BF and Breastfed Braden up until 14 months. But if I was to pump that whole time, I would have quit a lot sooner. I was working full time with Braden though and we did supplement with a bottle of formula a day because I wasn't able to pump enough while at work. I commend you!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast