Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Things they don't tell you

1. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho

Things they don't tell you

Advertisements
    about AFTERBIRTH!

***Warning!! If you are considering having kids this could deter you! Possible TMI***

(Please add anything you think of!)

-You're likely to shake right after giving birth (and even during)..it's very strange and scary if you don't know that it's normal.

-You bleed. A LOT from around 2-6 weeks. 9 months of no period comes all at once! (I recommend getting poise ultimate pads...they're the best)

-Hemorrhoids! You can get them during pregnancy, during labor, or even a week or so after having the baby. Yeah..fun stuff.

-Contractions. Yep..you read that right! You KEEP having them AFTER labor because your uterus has to close up!

-Even if you don't tear you will be sore, just accept the fact that your vag is going to be sensitive (at best) for a while.

-Your hormones are likely to be even crazier than when you were pregnant.

-You will be tired, not just from lack of sleep..it's a whole other kind of tired

-You'll still look about 4-6 months pregnant after you have the baby because your uterus still has to shrink.

-In the hospital you get waken up at all times of the night for routine checks or lab work.

-The nurses and doctors will push on your stomach to make sure your uterus is contracting..it is not pleasant!

-It's not always easy to go to the bathroom (pee or poop) and you will have to take a stool softener.

(please add anything I don't have..since I've never torn or had an epidural I don't know the after effects of those)

Also:

-You now have this tiny adorable person who is amazing in each and every way. Every coo, cry, breath is awe inspiring and terrifying at the same time. You will forever more be "mommy" and it is the most awesome feeling in the world! So very worth all of the other stuff
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  2. Senior Member
    this post was good birth control
  3. Senior Member

4. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by cassadilla View Post
    this post was good birth control
    Maybe it should be stickied for when people get baby fever
    I'm LeAndra

Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  5. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by chickadeebaby View Post
    about AFTERBIRTH!

***Warning!! If you are considering having kids this could deter you! Possible TMI***

(Please add anything you think of!)

-You're likely to shake right after giving birth (and even during)..it's very strange and scary if you don't know that it's normal.

-You bleed. A LOT from around 2-6 weeks. 9 months of no period comes all at once! (I recommend getting poise ultimate pads...they're the best)

-Hemorrhoids! You can get them during pregnancy, during labor, or even a week or so after having the baby. Yeah..fun stuff.

-Contractions. Yep..you read that right! You KEEP having them AFTER labor because your uterus has to close up!

-Even if you don't tear you will be sore, just accept the fact that your vag is going to be sensitive (at best) for a while.

-Your hormones are likely to be even crazier than when you were pregnant.(I don't remember this one but I will say sure to it)

-You will be tired, not just from lack of sleep..it's a whole other kind of tired

-You'll still look about 4-6 months pregnant after you have the baby because your uterus still has to shrink.

-In the hospital you get waken up at all times of the night for routine checks or lab work.

-The nurses and doctors will push on your stomach to make sure your uterus is contracting..it is not pleasant!

-It's not always easy to go to the bathroom (pee or poop) and you will have to take a stool softener.

(please add anything I don't have..since I've never torn or had an epidural I don't know the after effects of those)

Also:

-You now have this tiny adorable person who is amazing in each and every way. Every coo, cry, breath is awe inspiring and terrifying at the same time. You will forever more be "mommy" and it is the most awesome feeling in the world! So very worth all of the other stuff
    I only had the bolded.

But also had Hairloss for about 2 months afterwards.. I thought I was going to go bald.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  6. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Oh yeah I forgot the hair loss
    I'm LeAndra

Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012

7. Senior Member
    - In the hosptial , the damn " baby alarm" goes off constantly too ( the one set off by the braclet so no one steals the babies)
    - Your vajayjay looks like Rocky Balboa's face at the end of the Rocky movies
  8. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    I forgot

-breastfeeding isn't always easy

-When your milk comes in your boobs get hard and sore
    I'm LeAndra

Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012

9. the siren that sings you home
    the siren that sings you home
    I clicked this hoping it would get rid of my baby fever...
    Nope. I still want a baby despite all this craziness.

Johanna is my wifey!
  10. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    All the horrible stuff during pregnancy doesn't even compare to how much pain I was in during labor and afterwards. Contractions are one of the most excruciating pains I've ever felt and the pain in the first week is almost unbearable.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast