Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Please tell me

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Please tell me

Advertisements
    that this napless phase will end soon? My poor baby is SO overtired but he will not, absolutely will not, nap. I'm losing my mind, he's like a different baby all of a sudden and I don't know what to do. I can't even find time to eat. He hates every sling and carrier that I've tried and I am losing weight WAY too quickly and feel like crap.

He sleeps through the night starting about a week ago, which is lovely, but this is insanity. Please tell me it will end and he'll nap again
  2. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    You know that I wish I had advice for you But I hope some will help a little.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottie. View Post
    You know that I wish I had advice for you But I hope some will help a little.
    They do help

I feel like I'm getting the Baby Blues now, and it's because of how different things are during the day. I'm the only caregiver here, I need to make and wash bottles, feed and care for the animals, and somehow feed myself in the small windows that he gives me...which are basically nonexistent these days. I want to run away
  4. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    It gets better, I swear. Caden used to only nap on me so it was next to impossible to get anything done. I hope he gets out of this phase quickly for you.

5. Senior Member
    I know it sucks but you have got to eat. No way around it, you'll be useless if your shakey or dizzy from not eating. Pick the lesser of the hated carriers, swings whatever, and make your self a sandwhich or something. He will fuss but I promise he'll be ok and you can scoop him back up as soon as you've eaten something.
    and yes, eventually it will end.
  6. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I know it sucks but you have got to eat. No way around it, you'll be useless if your shakey or dizzy from not eating. Pick the lesser of the hated carriers, swings whatever, and make your self a sandwhich or something. He will fuss but I promise he'll be ok and you can scoop him back up as soon as you've eaten something.
    and yes, eventually it will end.
    This is what I would do, were it suggested to me. He will probably cry but let's face it, he'll be okay for a few minutes while you scarf down a sandwich.

You can also lay you out some pretzels or chips in a bowl in the morning and every time you walk by, grab you a few and eat them on your way to wherever else you're going. My MIL does this on a daily basis. It'll help you keep a little something in your tummy.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottie. View Post
    This is what I would do, were it suggested to me. He will probably cry but let's face it, he'll be okay for a few minutes while you scarf down a sandwich.

You can also lay you out some pretzels or chips in a bowl in the morning and every time you walk by, grab you a few and eat them on your way to wherever else you're going. My MIL does this on a daily basis. It'll help you keep a little something in your tummy.
    Thats a good idea! And if you can find a mintute to make a meal ( when he goes to bed?) make leftovers to pop in the microwave
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    They do help

I feel like I'm getting the Baby Blues now, and it's because of how different things are during the day. I'm the only caregiver here, I need to make and wash bottles, feed and care for the animals, and somehow feed myself in the small windows that he gives me...which are basically nonexistent these days. I want to run away
    Make all the bottles for the next day the night before, then wash them after the baby goes to bed at night and refill. I try to keep something like oatmeal bars or cereal bars to grab for breakfast and I make extra dinner the night before to have for lunch. It helps to not have to cook a whole lunch for one.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks for all the great ideas, guys

I've debated staying up to do stuff after he goes to sleep, but I've been getting into bed the moment he's down for the night because I'm useless without sleep. Might have to give it a try. I'm like my son...I can't nap

Snacks are what I've been living on...I try to make sure that whatever I eat is high in calories, fats, carbs, protein etc...it's just such a struggle and I know how bad it is. You know what I want? A big juicy cheeseburger with tons of bacon