Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Gah! The one thing I didnt research...

1. Senior Member

Gah! The one thing I didnt research...

Advertisements
    PAINT! Google has been my BFF over the past 6 months. I've researched almost everything when it comes to my baby. My MIL and I painted her bedroom and I didn't even think to research about painting with a baby in the house. My MIL is pretty wise and I just figured if I was doing something wrong she would say so.

She told me to paint the other rooms of the house after DD went to bed and have her on the opposite side of the house. I thought it sounded good. I painted our dining room last night after DD went to bed. She was on the total opposite side of our house. THENNNNNN I decided to do research.

Supposedly you are supposed to get paints with Low VOC, well of coarse the paints that I purchased say MAXIMUM VOC.....sweeeet. And everything I pretty much read said to have baby out of the house until the paint has dried. Strike two for mommy.

Now I am all paranoid that I have messed up her brain or something. I know it will probably be fine but of coarse my brain wont let me think that. I opened up all of the windows in the house and hopefully we can get out of here for awhile to get some fresh air.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I hope everything turns out ok. I'm sure you're fine
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I would never even of thought to research something like that
  4. Senior Member
    The thing that makes me the most upset is that the paint says its good for children's rooms. Everything online says its not. Nothing I can really do now I guess.

I just talked to my mom and asked if they painted when we were babies and she said all the time. So that made me feel a little better. I am sure paint back then was way worse than what it is now.
  5. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jamison~ View Post
    The thing that makes me the most upset is that the paint says its good for children's rooms. Everything online says its not. Nothing I can really do now I guess.

I just talked to my mom and asked if they painted when we were babies and she said all the time. So that made me feel a little better. I am sure paint back then was way worse than what it is now.
    sometimes we let advertisers get away with too much. "All Natural" may really not be what we would think is all natural. Now I never would have dreamed to research paint, but I will for sure do it now. Im sure your kiddo will be fine, heck they used to paint houses with lead paint.