Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Speaking

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

Speaking

Advertisements
    How well was your just turned 2 year old talking?
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    DD could speak in full sentences and have a conversation...but she's not really normal.
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    ds only says single words... We are going to take him back to EDIS and get his ears checked. Only things he puts together is where is shoe, where is dadda, and the speak lady said those dont count as sentences
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Dd1 was speaking in short sentences by that time. Dd2 was speaking in full sentences by 17/18 months. She had a very large vocabulary from early on. Ds2 had a big vocabulary when he turned 2, but didn't use it much. Mostly just single words. He's 2.5 now and speaks in sentences.
    Pax, Aeon
  5. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    DD was talking pretty well by 2 years old, but then again she started talking "early." She's always tried to talk even at a few weeks old she'd focus really hard and babble to people as if we understood her. She HATED the "baby talk" she'd look at me like I was an idiot, but if I talked to her like I would anyone else she'd try and talk to me too. At 2 DD also could have conversations with most people, and she was very good at understanding exactly what people were saying.

Ever since I can remember DD is never quiet not even when she sleeps. She sings, yells, and has full conversations in her sleep. Sometimes I wondered(still do) if it's a good thing she was been able to talk so much so early. It is cute though.... At least most of the time.
    Signature removed due to size.
  6. Senior Member
    I don't have kids yet, but my parents were worried about me. I am the youngest (one older sister) and didn't say much at 2. I would point to what I wanted and go "Uhhh uhhh". My sister acted as interpreter. My parents were worried and about to get me tested. Soon though, I started talking and they couldn't shut me up.
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    I don't have kids yet, but my parents were worried about me. I am the youngest (one older sister) and didn't say much at 2. I would point to what I wanted and go "Uhhh uhhh". My sister acted as interpreter. My parents were worried and about to get me tested. Soon though, I started talking and they couldn't shut me up.
    I was the same way, in pre school the teachers didnt understand me, then one day I broke out of it. I just dont want him to have the issues I did growing up because of it, KWIM?
    He jabbers a lot, and have "converstations" you just have no clue what hes saying except for like the last word
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Emma was speaking pretty dang well at that point. But, thanks to her first day care provider, she's always been ahead of the curve mentally. Her doctors still can't believe she is only 3, considering she can have full on conversations with people.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    I was the same way, in pre school the teachers didnt understand me, then one day I broke out of it. I just dont want him to have the issues I did growing up because of it, KWIM?
    He jabbers a lot, and have "converstations" you just have no clue what hes saying except for like the last word
    I was visiting a family a couple of weeks ago that had a 2 year old JUST like this. I think it's totally normal.
  10. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

MDS said very few words until about a week after his 2nd birthday, but when he did it was very clear complete sentences to the extend you actually had to ask him to say it again to believe that he did. I have a feeling YDS is going to be the same.

DD was miss talkative