Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pelvic pain

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Pelvic pain

Advertisements
    When does it go away? Little man is 18 days old and my hips/pelvis are still sore.
    I still have to have a pillow between my knees to sleep, and wake up with intense pain. I thought it went away when you gave birth is there an end in sight?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It'll go away in time! Things were shifting and changing for 9 months, it's going to take some time to shift back. Plus, ligaments, tendons, and muscles were all stretched out so they're quite lax still.
  3. Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz
    Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz

It should go away, but if it is really severe, I would talk to the DR about it.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Mine only just went away last week
    Are you breastfeeding? My physical therapist warned me that the hormones released when BFing will probably cause the hip/pelvic pain to stick around awhile. If so, hang in there! Are you seeing a physical therapist? The stretches and exercises that she had me do really helped.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    Mine only just went away last week
    Are you breastfeeding? My physical therapist warned me that the hormones released when BFing will probably cause the hip/pelvic pain to stick around awhile. If so, hang in there! Are you seeing a physical therapist? The stretches and exercises that she had me do really helped.
    Relaxin and oxytocin are both involved in pregnancy/birth/breastfeeding. They encourage the muscles/tendons/ligaments to remain lax, thus leaving joints unsupported causing pain. This is important when the body is changing and shifting to allow for the baby to be born. Unfortunately, it can take time for levels to go back to normal (especially when BFing).
  6. Senior Member
    My son is 9months old and I still get pain in my pubic bone sometimes. My midwife said its normal and usually mean i've worked too much :/