Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Throwing in the towel

1. Senior Member

Sad Throwing in the towel

Advertisements
    After almost a month of nursing I'm throwing in the towel. I was having trouble in the first two weeks with my milk coming in, but I blamed it on the c-section and having 2 Instead of one. They weren't gaining weight. So we started supplementing. That threw in a whole new round of issues (nipple confusion, poor latch ect) once they gained enough we stopped. Well back to the dr we went today and YDD only gained a few oz again so back to supplementing . Now here I am at 0430 having just spent an hour trying to nurse both of them and finally gave them both a bottle (which took 5 mins) to satisfy their hunger.

I don't understand why my body won't keep up with their demand. I have been taking funugreek and pumping with a hospital grade pump. I'm so totally sad by this its just too time consuming. I have two other babies to think about, I can't just stay awake for hours each night with the lo's only to be to tired to function with them

2. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    You gave them an amazing month of Breastmilk and bonding time you should be extremely proud of yourself! I am sorry you feel defeated I think all nursing mommies have felt this way before! You have to do what works best for you and your family
  3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Mommie2My4Angels View Post
    You gave them an amazing month of Breastmilk and bonding time you should be extremely proud of yourself! I am sorry you feel defeated I think all nursing mommies have felt this way before! You have to do what works best for you and your family
    I only got dd to nurse for a couple of days before her body decided it didn't like lactose. Not to mention, it took forever for my milk to come in. I was so upset that I couldn't give her the nourishment she needed. I cried the first time I had to give her a bottle. I felt so defeated.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Just wanted to offer hugs
  5. Senior Member
    Lots of to you. You tried so hard and you definitely shouldn't beat yourself up about it. You're a great Mommy.
    Mommyof2in09 is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey
  6. Senior Member
  7. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    You are a wonderful mommy to your precious twins. Do what is best for you and them.

I only got to breastfeed my baby girl for a few weeks before my C-section sabotaged us. It is emotionally exhausting to keep your supply or relactate. I should know, I went through such a roller coaster of emotions, I barely could take care of my child. Ultimatelly, I completely gave up breastfeeding (with sadness in my heart) and thought of my baby girl and what is best for her. She will forgive me one day, I have faith.
  8. Senior Member
    I'm so bummed out. It's just to disheartening to nurse and nurse and nurse only to have to give them a bottle in the end. They only seem to be satisfied half the time I don't know what's worse, seeing them hungry or stoping breastfeeding

9. Senior Member
    Thank you everyone for your support

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm so sorry you're having such trouble
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast