Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of carseats...

1. Senior Member

Speaking of carseats...

Advertisements
    We will have to upgrade most likely to a convertible carseat within the next few months. DD is a tall little girl and her toesies are already starting to pop out of her infant carrier carseat.

Give me some suggestions por favor Need one that will work longer for a tall baby. Would like something not too bulky (DH drives a civic coupe). Also not looking to spend $300 or more but will if I have to. Hopefully I can find one that works and we can afford two of them, one for each car.
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

This is what we got LM. I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE.

Graco Smart Seat All-in-One Convertible Car Seat - Jessica - Graco - Babies "R" Us

So easy to take in and out. Reclines if we need it to and goes from 5-100 pounds. So she won't ever need another carseat. We returned 4 seats before we got this one. She has been in it since 4 months.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have the Graco MyRide 65. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! We upgraded to it from a Safety First and the Graco just feels more secure than the first convertible that we got. Wyatt's not very tall so I can't speak on that but we only spent $110 on the Graco at BRU with a coupon
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

It's okay if their feet are too long, I think. It's the head you gotta worry about.

That being said, I am a big fan of the convertible seats. I will be stalking this thread for suggestions for new ones for the girls when we upgrade our car.

5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Radians are really awesome car seats! If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone with those instead of a Britax Marathon, because they have a higher height maximum than many other convertibles, at 53".
  6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Also another thing I like about ours is that the straps adjust with the headrest so it's nice and easy. I don't actually have a single complaint about the seat and I am a very picky person

It also was the only one that fit into our car. My Ride and Air something and 3 others were all too big.

It is also steel reinforced. Not something I want to lug around an airport though I have and it easy too but it's really heavy
  7. Senior Member
    safety first my guide 65. Its a pain in the booty to get out but that makes me feel better that it will hold up when it counts . It was 80 something at wally word,
  8. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I have the Britax Marathon 70 and I really like it.
  9. Senior Member
    Thanks everyone. I was looking into My Ride 65s. How bulky are they compared to others?

Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    It's okay if their feet are too long, I think. It's the head you gotta worry about.

That being said, I am a big fan of the convertible seats. I will be stalking this thread for suggestions for new ones for the girls when we upgrade our car.
    I wish I would have never had my in-laws buy the infant carrier. Its nice when I want to use the stroller but lugging that thing around and then having to buy a totally different carseat now is a pain.

Her head as a pretty good amount of clearance so I will look into the rules. Hopefully we will be good in it for a little while because it seems like I am spending a ton of money on other things right now and one less would be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Radians are really awesome car seats! If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone with those instead of a Britax Marathon, because they have a higher height maximum than many other convertibles, at 53".
    I read that Radians don't fit very well in PT Cruisers so I am assuming it would not go very well in his more tiny civic coupe.

Darn my husband and his darn sports car
  10. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Kason and Kaia have the MY ride 65. Kason is in Kindergarten and still has so much room left in the seat to grow into. It is a tad bulky though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast