Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Britax Frontier SICT

  1. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mommie2My4Angels's Avatar
    Mommie2My4Angels is offline
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Meade, MD
    Posts
    4,883
    #1

    Britax Frontier SICT

    Advertisements
    Anyone have one? I have been thinking of replacing Alex's Marathon with this one but would love to hear from someone that has it or has researched it!!!
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    airmanssweetie's Avatar
    airmanssweetie is offline
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    McChord AFB, WA
    Posts
    35,614


    #2
    I have just the regular Frontier. Why are you looking at the SICT, might I ask? The reason i'm wondering is bc the frontier is overkill for a lot of kids. The SICT is also wider, which can cause issues when installing it in smaller cars. The only reason i'd get the SICT is bc you don't have to top tether it, which is nice

    Installation wise- the graco nauti was alot easier for me to install vs the britax for the first time. Jackson likes his seat though.. it's bulky... and kind of annoying to tighten the harness straps bc the button seems to be buried all the time in the cushion I like that it has a n rethread harness tho, makes it so much quicker and easier to go up or down to the next slot!
  3. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mommie2My4Angels's Avatar
    Mommie2My4Angels is offline
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Meade, MD
    Posts
    4,883
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    I have just the regular Frontier. Why are you looking at the SICT, might I ask? The reason i'm wondering is bc the frontier is overkill for a lot of kids. The SICT is also wider, which can cause issues when installing it in smaller cars. The only reason i'd get the SICT is bc you don't have to top tether it, which is nice

    Installation wise- the graco nauti was alot easier for me to install vs the britax for the first time. Jackson likes his seat though.. it's bulky... and kind of annoying to tighten the harness straps bc the button seems to be buried all the time in the cushion I like that it has a n rethread harness tho, makes it so much quicker and easier to go up or down to the next slot!
    Thank you for the info! I was looking at the SICT for side impact protection. Have I mentioned I hate living/ driving in Tampa I have a minivan so size doesn't matter much. Installation difficulty does though as my DH will deploy next year. I have been very pleased with Britax thus far. (I have the Alpha Omega 3 in 1 , the Britax roundabout (too small now) and the Britax Marathon to compare what features i am looking for)but I want a 5pt harness that will last awhile and DS can unbuckle the AO so that is a huge safety issue. He is about 43 inches right now. I would love all input !
  4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    airmanssweetie's Avatar
    airmanssweetie is offline
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    McChord AFB, WA
    Posts
    35,614


    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommie2My4Angels View Post
    Thank you for the info! I was looking at the SICT for side impact protection. Have I mentioned I hate living/ driving in Tampa I have a minivan so size doesn't matter much. Installation difficulty does though as my DH will deploy next year. I have been very pleased with Britax thus far. (I have the Alpha Omega 3 in 1 , the Britax roundabout (too small now) and the Britax Marathon to compare what features i am looking for)but I want a 5pt harness that will last awhile and DS can unbuckle the AO so that is a huge safety issue. He is about 43 inches right now. I would love all input !
    One thing to keep in mind, is that there are no standards in north america for side impact testing, and as such we can't really compare seats in that arena. Any seat with EPS/EPP foam in the head area, should provide a good degree of side impact protection.

    TSIP as it stands right now, is purely marketing and not based on FMVSS standards. Carseat manufacturers don't release their test results for the most part, so for all we know other seats perform just as well in side impacts as the Britax seats.

    How old is your son? Jax is 5.5 and is about 45in i think and he's got TONS of room in the Frontier and he had one slot to go on the nauti. I like both seats- just the britax, at first, was a little difficult to install, for me so if you need any help, let me know! I was able to install it pretty quickly the other day though, thankfully! I'd def agree with upgrading from the AoE

    As far as unbuckling goes- JAx can undo his Britax quite easily! It's just really important to stress to them to NOT do that until you have reached your destination and WHY it's important to keep buckled up etc
  5. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mommie2My4Angels's Avatar
    Mommie2My4Angels is offline
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Meade, MD
    Posts
    4,883
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    One thing to keep in mind, is that there are no standards in north america for side impact testing, and as such we can't really compare seats in that arena. Any seat with EPS/EPP foam in the head area, should provide a good degree of side impact protection.

    TSIP as it stands right now, is purely marketing and not based on FMVSS standards. Carseat manufacturers don't release their test results for the most part, so for all we know other seats perform just as well in side impacts as the Britax seats.

    How old is your son? Jax is 5.5 and is about 45in i think and he's got TONS of room in the Frontier and he had one slot to go on the nauti. I like both seats- just the britax, at first, was a little difficult to install, for me so if you need any help, let me know! I was able to install it pretty quickly the other day though, thankfully! I'd def agree with upgrading from the AoE

    As far as unbuckling goes- JAx can undo his Britax quite easily! It's just really important to stress to them to NOT do that until you have reached your destination and WHY it's important to keep buckled up etc
    Alex is 4 I currently have the Marathon in my minivan and he can undo the top but not the bottom latch. It is nice to know about the SICT info the frontier is on sale for $212 and the SICT for $254 as they are doing a pattern change we dont really need it right now but I can't pass up the sale.
    I actually did a week on seatbelt and carseat safety last week with my preschool age kids do hopefully that helps! We don't ride in the car much so I just need to keep reminding him.
  6. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    airmanssweetie's Avatar
    airmanssweetie is offline
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    McChord AFB, WA
    Posts
    35,614


    #6
    We have the cowmoo and got it for 212 i think... off of justkidsstore i believe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •