Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I feel like I'm failing

1. Senior Member

I feel like I'm failing

Advertisements
    Or maybe I'm just extremely lucky...

DS is about to be 5 months old on 6/20 and he is usually a very content kiddo, but lately he has gotten so sad. He's just so grumpy and upset all of the time now and as much as I try to keep him entertained, he just gets upset and cries and I just don't know what to do. I don't think he's teething, because, although he is drooling quite a bit, he doesn't really chew on anything. I feel like he's bored. I try to take him out on the town, try to take him to target and the mall and stuff, but he doesn't stay happy. I just don't know what to do. He was such a happy baby until a week or so ago. He still smiles but only in the morning and when he's introduced to something new (a new activity or something). I'm just so overwhelmed and pray that he doesn't have some kind of deficiency. He was so happy until a couple of days ago. Now every days feels like a chore to me. I used to feel so excited to wake up with him and now I dread it because it feels just like groundhog day. I bought him a bunch of toys today (like 70 bucks worth of stuff) and he still wasn't happy. I just feel like a failure.
  2. Senior Member
    I highly doubt he is acting this way bc he is bored. If you feel like he is *off* I would take him to the dr to have him checked, cause you never know.GL.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverrein View Post
    Or maybe I'm just extremely lucky...

DS is about to be 5 months old on 6/20 and he is usually a very content kiddo, but lately he has gotten so sad. He's just so grumpy and upset all of the time now and as much as I try to keep him entertained, he just gets upset and cries and I just don't know what to do. I don't think he's teething, because, although he is drooling quite a bit, he doesn't really chew on anything. I feel like he's bored. I try to take him out on the town, try to take him to target and the mall and stuff, but he doesn't stay happy. I just don't know what to do. He was such a happy baby until a week or so ago. He still smiles but only in the morning and when he's introduced to something new (a new activity or something). I'm just so overwhelmed and pray that he doesn't have some kind of deficiency. He was so happy until a couple of days ago. Now every days feels like a chore to me. I used to feel so excited to wake up with him and now I dread it because it feels just like groundhog day. I bought him a bunch of toys today (like 70 bucks worth of stuff) and he still wasn't happy. I just feel like a failure.
    Definitely take your baby to the doc if he's acting out if he ordinary. You neve know, he could be fighting an ear infection or some other ailment. Have tried giving him Gripe Water, teething tablets, Motrin or Tylenol?!
  4. Senior Member
    I'm in Houston (by way of Detroit), He's in San Antonio!!

it's no fun to have to anticipate a bad a day all the time. I agree that if he suddenly seems out of the ordinary, take him to the drs.

Has he had a fever or any other changes? Has his food source changed?

Good luck and hang in there! If he's not sick, hopefully he'll grow out of it even quicker than he grew into it!
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I agree with the previous posters, take him to the doctor if you feel like he's off. You're not a failure. It's not normal for babies temperments to change overnight like that.