Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: so nervous for his surgery

1. Senior Member

Nutts so nervous for his surgery

Advertisements
    When Zane was born he was born with Hypospadias . WE knew then he would have to have surgery to fix his penis . It's not "rare" it happens like 1 in 300 so as much as i would hate that someone else had to go through it im hoping someone knows a little more about the surgery than i do on here?

he has a mild form of it .

it's just his 4 mo old check up is monday , and they said they would refer us to the urologist then . and his surgery would be sometime between 5 months and 18 months depending on what they need to do etc.
    Due March 19 2009 born at 31w6d,54 day NICU stay(home march 11th w/o anything),4 days on vent,40ish days on O2 after that
    Due March 11 2012 born at 35w 1 d, 11 day NICU stay(home Feb 17 with O2 ),27 days on Oxygen
  2. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I don't know anything about it but wanted to offer & . Surgery on your child is always scary, even if it is routine.

3. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I don't know anything about it but definitely wanted to give you I can only imagine how nerve wracking it must be. And that it's a simple easy surgery and recovery for him.

4. Senior Member
    No advice, just . Working in the NICU, I see hypospadias a LOT. Since they're usually preemies and go home before the surgery, I've never seen what the surgery is like or aftercare. But hopefully all goes well for you and your little one! I know any surgery can be scary, but make sure you ask ALL the questions you need, because I know I'd be asking a ton! Lots of
  5. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    I don't know anything about it specifically but YDS had to have a circumcision revision and cyst removal at 11 months and I totally understand the nerves you are feeling. The most important thing I can tell you is to make sure you are 100% comfortable with the Dr. doing the surgery, that really alleviated my fears a lot. Ask a lot of questions. I made them tell me exactly what they were going to do so that I felt like I at least knew what was going on. I also made sure to know what to prepare for in terms of his aftercare. I will say the worst part of the whole thing was him waking up from the anesthesia. They tell you it will be bad but it really doesn't prepare you. They just have no idea what is going on and it scares the crap out of them and they cry soooooo hard, I am tearing up just thinking about how upset he was. But really that was the worst part and as long as you have a nice private recovery room you guys should be ok.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary4 View Post
    No advice, just . Working in the NICU, I see hypospadias a LOT. Since they're usually preemies and go home before the surgery, I've never seen what the surgery is like or aftercare. But hopefully all goes well for you and your little one! I know any surgery can be scary, but make sure you ask ALL the questions you need, because I know I'd be asking a ton! Lots of
    he was early too ...

thanks for all the hugs
    Due March 19 2009 born at 31w6d,54 day NICU stay(home march 11th w/o anything),4 days on vent,40ish days on O2 after that
    Due March 11 2012 born at 35w 1 d, 11 day NICU stay(home Feb 17 with O2 ),27 days on Oxygen
  7. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...