Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm about to lose it...

1. Senior Member

I'm about to lose it...

Advertisements
    I gave birth to DS on Jan 20th of this year. At my highest during the pregnancy, my weight was 160 (I weighed about 123 prior to pregnancy, I'm 5'3). I lost much of the weight very rapidly and hit about 135 by mid February. I was an avid jogger prior to pregnancy and figured it wouldn't take too long to get back down to about 125 and planned to be there by, well, now. I started working out daily beginning mid March and watching what I eat. I drink tons of water and incorporate ab work daily. I looked in the mirror today as I tried on a pair of jeans that fit snugly back in February and was disgusted. There's been absolutely no change. All of that hard work that I have been doing for the last ten weeks and I am still spilling out in all the wrong places. I feel defeated. I want to cry, scream, hang my head in shame. I am so tempted to resort to all kinds of unhealthy behavior that helped me lose weight in the past. I look at all of these other new moms around here who are absolutely tiny and they have newborns. I ask myself "why did they lose the weight, and I didn't?" I hate the way I look, hate the way I feel, hate how all of my hard work and effort feels like it's been in vain. I knew that the weight wouldn't come off easily, I didn't expect to lose overnight, but I figured that I would have at least been down into the 120s by now. DS is going on 5 months now and I look just like I did back in Feb, back after the initial weight loss. DH is worried because my self esteem (which was never very high to begin with) is even lower now, and it's affecting my mood on a daily basis (not to mention our sex life). I just don't know what to do at this point.
  2. Senior Member
    I am sorry you are having a hard time loosing the extra weight. It might be that pregnancy changed how your body is running as far as metabolism. Are you nursing or is your son on formula?

Have you tried changing up your work out routine? I know that usually when people hit a point where they are no long loosing weight, that it is necessary to change up the routine that you have been doing.

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Your body may have changed as well, such as your hips may have widened which would cause you to be in a bigger size jean.

Have you been doing the same repetitive routine and such since Feb?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inmansgirl06 View Post
    I am sorry you are having a hard time loosing the extra weight. It might be that pregnancy changed how your body is running as far as metabolism. Are you nursing or is your son on formula?

Have you tried changing up your work out routine? I know that usually when people hit a point where they are no long loosing weight, that it is necessary to change up the routine that you have been doing.
    DS is on formula, so there's no issues with caloric intake or weight changes due to breastfeeding. I really hope that my metabolism hasn't changed again. I feel like I may have wrecked it a few years back when I had some issues with food/compulsive exercise. I've started doing interval training in the beginning of May, but the scale hasn't budged, nor have my clothes been fitting any differently.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Your body may have changed as well, such as your hips may have widened which would cause you to be in a bigger size jean.

Have you been doing the same repetitive routine and such since Feb?
    I'm beginning to wonder if my hips have widened as well. I'm in about an 8-10 sized jean now. It feels so foreign to me. I've changed my routine with interval training back in the beginning of May but have not seen any results. I'm really disappointed how these methods have helped me lose weight in the past, but they aren't helping at all anymore.
  6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    It may just take some time, and as PP poster mentioned, your hips may have widened and that's why your jeans are still fitting snugly.

I know that I lost a majority of my weight by about 4 weeks but I got stuck at 10lbs above my PP weight up until a couple of weeks ago. It was beyond frustrating to get within that 10lb range and just see the scale not move at all.

7. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Yep, hips!

I know after DD I now have a loverly pocket of stretched out skin at the bottom of my stomach...I hate it! It took me a year and a half at least to accept my stretch marks and not hate them too.
    I've always struggled with weight and I would LOVE to be in an 8-10!

Babies change your body. Do you have a HAWC or something where you can talk to a trainer and get the best advice on what your body needs?
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  8. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Do remember it took 9 months to get the weight on.
    And your body changed when pregnant and not all those changed go away.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

9. A US Marine has my heart.
    A US Marine has my heart.
    I had my daughter Jan 23rd of this year. I know my hips are wider now from carrying her, yours may have widened to which there's nothing we can do about that. But changing up your work out will help. If you do the same workout everyday your body becomes use to it and stops responding to the workout.

I dropped the baby weight quickly, but I breast fed for the first month which helps you lose weight.
  10. Senior Member
    I went from a 0 to I think I'm stuck at a 8 from hip spread. Its still taking some time for me to get use to it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast