Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: flat head

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

flat head

Advertisements
    DS is 6 months old and the back of his head is flat. I bought it up to his pedi and she didnt seem too concerned & told me to rotate him while he naps and sleeps. I've noticed these past two weeks or so when i check on his while he sleeping he sleeps on his side or belly anyway. But his head is still really flat I think, (I will take a picture tomorrow when he wakes up). Has anyone else experienced this, did you have to get the helmet? what was the process?

I dont mind putting the helmet on my son at all, if he needed it and it helped i would do it!. but for some reason, i feel like his pedi is just blowing it off? he doesnt have his next appointment for another two weeks.
  2. Senior Member
    I babysat kids with that a lot and it went away after awhile of lots of belly/side time. I wouldn't say the pedi is blowing it off, it's just really not the big of a deal. I've always seen it just go away on it's own.
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by HisCupcake View Post
    DS is 6 months old and the back of his head is flat. I bought it up to his pedi and she didnt seem too concerned & told me to rotate him while he naps and sleeps. I've noticed these past two weeks or so when i check on his while he sleeping he sleeps on his side or belly anyway. But his head is still really flat I think, (I will take a picture tomorrow when he wakes up). Has anyone else experienced this, did you have to get the helmet? what was the process?

I dont mind putting the helmet on my son at all, if he needed it and it helped i would do it!. but for some reason, i feel like his pedi is just blowing it off? he doesnt have his next appointment for another two weeks.
    I would get a second opinion if you feel like you are being blown off.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    My baby girl is having this problem because she sleeps only on her back. She hates hates tummy time or sleeping on her tummy. Forget turning her on her side - she starts whining than screaming until she is back on her back.

Just like you, I brought it up to her Ped and I got the same feeling from her Ped, as well. Now I think she is not concerned because maybe it's not serious. I plan on bringing this issue again this month at her 6 mo appt.

What I used meanwhile is the Boppy Noggin Pillow which seemed to help a lot:

Amazon.com: Boppy Noggin Nest Head Support, Brown Wheels: Baby

Than there are these:

http://www.amazon.com/BabyMoon-Pillo...8701830&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Infant-T...701830&sr=8-11

Side note: NOT to be used in any kind of carseat under no circumstance.
    Last edited by shape shifter; 06-03-2012 at 01:17 AM.
  5. Senior Member
    I agree - If you feel you are being blown off, I would go for a 2nd opinion. I've never personally dealt with it, but I've heard that if you put it off for too long it'll get to a point where a helmet won't help a whole lot.