Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pumping

1. Senior Member

Pumping

Advertisements
    I'm really hoping to exclusively bf this time (had supply issues with CJ) but I'll be going back to school a few nights a week starting in Sept. I'd also like DH to be able to feed the baby before then.

When can you start pumping? Right away after baby is born? How often/when should I pump?

TIA !
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    It's best to wait 2-4+ weeks before pumping so your body doesn't think it needs to make gallons of milk. When you do want to start pumping I suggest start well before you need the milk and just add in one to two pumping seasons. Morning time is usually the best. Also pumping while feeding baby is a great wayto help get a little extra out!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    It's best to wait 2-4+ weeks before pumping so your body doesn't think it needs to make gallons of milk. When you do want to start pumping I suggest start well before you need the milk and just add in one to two pumping seasons. Morning time is usually the best. Also pumping while feeding baby is a great wayto help get a little extra out!
    That's good to know! I thought you started right away.
  4. Senior Member
    I started within about a week of being home, due to a really bad crack on one nipple. Never had any problems.
  5. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    I started within a few days of being home and didn't have any issues but every body is different. I had a single pump so while Ryley was latched I would pump on the other side. Also, I enjoyed pumping right after a warm bath.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18