Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First ER trip...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thumb Down First ER trip...

Advertisements
    So baby William is making up for DD's streak of never being seen at the ER. He had his first trip at 6 days old today. This morning when I got him out of the bassinet he had blood on his outfit and kinda around his mouth... I thought it was strange but my nipple was bleeding last night so I figured I just missed the mess from my bewbies in the dark last night so I breastfed him and then a few minutes after he spit up a teeny bit of blood. Yikes! His demeanor was fine and no other symptoms but it was off to the German hospital on a weekend we went! They were very nice and spoke English () and they suspect I may have an infection in my milk on the left side. So they took a sample of my milk and said try to only feed him from the right side and supplement with formula (which we've been doing anyways) and they will call me with the results on my milk and we will go from there. The doctor said to expect him to spit up a little more blood today since its in his system but since there doesn't appear to anything else wrong with him.

So now I thn my game plan is to do formula today and just pump from my good side and freeze it and then pump and dump from the questionable side.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm so glad he's ok and you had such a good experience at the hospital.
  3. Senior Member
    Me: Germany - Him: other side of the world

I'm glad the doctors think it's nothing too serious. Hope you both feel better soon
    PCS time is getting closer. Let our Europe adventures begin!
  4. Banned
    Banned

I hope their theory is accurate and William feels better soon. If it is an infection, I hope you heal quickly.
  5. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I'm glad you're both okay!

6. Senior Member
    glad he's ok!
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Never heard of an infection where you can't feed. Just be very carfeful cause this could kill your chances of getting a good supply built.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Never heard of an infection where you can't feed. Just be very carfeful cause this could kill your chances of getting a good supply built.
    I thought it was also strange that they said that the other side would be okay to feed from I've got the Medela instyle that I pumped with for 3 months last go around and I'm a pretty good milk maker the only thing I am concerned about is ds not wanting to latch anymore after the bottle kwim?
  9. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I personally would be doing cup feeds or finger feeds. He should only be needing 2oz at most since he's still tiny. Neither if these methods would mess up his latch. Offer the breast first too.
    Any local lc's ū can talk to? Not once in my training did I learn of an infection tht baby an't nurse through (besides some of the big ones like hep c I believe and HIV)
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    I personally would be doing cup feeds or finger feeds. He should only be needing 2oz at most since he's still tiny. Neither if these methods would mess up his latch. Offer the breast first too.
    Any local lc's ū can talk to? Not once in my training did I learn of an infection tht baby an't nurse through (besides some of the big ones like hep c I believe and HIV)
    That's what I was reading online. Faaaaaiiirly certain I'm in the clear for those big ones
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast