Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would I be horrible if....

1. Senior Member

Help Would I be horrible if....

Advertisements
    My bff's mom bought me the pack & play off my registry & is having it sent to me. (should be here today). The other day, my cousin gave me her's which is in great condition. While I was home visiting, my aunt had bought me the convertible carseat I want, but I had to return it & was planning to rebuy it when I got home. Well, I ended up using that money for groceries when I got home.

Would it be totally horrible of me to return the brand new pack & play and use that towards my carseat? (I do have an infant carseat already, so I don't need the convertible right away, but I do want to get it before they decide to discontinue my pattern). We live in TX & bff & family live in CT if that makes a difference.

TIA!
  2. Senior Member
    I'd kind of be upset if I bought someone something that I thought long an heard to get them an they just took it back...
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I would do it... If you already have an item & get another, who's to say you can't exchange it for something you actually need?

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Personally, I wouldn't mind. Its about what the baby needs, not about what she bought you.
  5. Senior Member
    I'd be annoyed. Like on one hand, I bought that and picked it so my feelings would be hurt but on the other it's still going towards baby, but then BACK on the first hand I'd feel like you were picking what we buy you so just might as well be assigning gifts to buyers.
  6. Love you with all my heart!
    Love you with all my heart!
    Blog Entries
    Most people do it from your registery and/or give you a receipt so if you don't need it, have multiples etc you CAN return it
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I'd be annoyed since I bought that for "you" even more so since pack n plays aren't a cheap item
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    I personally wouldn't be bothered by it. As a PP said: it's about what the baby needs. I am sure you appreciated her gift. Send her a Thank You card and let her know you are very grateful.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Candice. View Post
    I'd be annoyed. Like on one hand, I bought that and picked it so my feelings would be hurt but on the other it's still going towards baby, but then BACK on the first hand I'd feel like you were picking what we buy you so just might as well be assigning gifts to buyers.
    Wellll it is off a gift registry... That is pretty much telling people what to buy already.
  10. Moderator

I think it depends on the giver- do you think THEY would be hurt? Why don't you just ask them? Say someone else got you a pack n play that isn't exchangeable and would they mind if you exchanged the one they got you for a car seat?

I personally wouldn't mind at all. This is why I almost always give gift cards.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast