Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moby users!

1. Banned
    Banned

Moby users!

Advertisements
    Are they hot? DS will be here no later than August 6th, and classes start August 20th or 21st. My professors said they wouldn't be willing to record the lectures for me, so I have no other choice but to take him with me. I'm hoping that by taking him, it might convince my professors (I'm only taking 2 classes) to work with me in some way. Right now they refuse to work something out.

Will he get too hot walking across campus in the wrap? Once we get inside it won't be an issue since it is air conditioned. And also, how long can you keep a baby in the wrap? Since he will be so little, I refuse to take him out/let people see/touch him.

If it helps at all, this is the Moby that we have.

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I wear Aubs in an Ergo, but I just dress in lightweight clothing and keep her in something lightweight. She doesn't even get sweaty
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. Banned
    Banned
    Thanks! That's good to know! We shouldn't be outside for more than 10 minutes, so hopefully that will help keep him cool as well.
  4. Senior Member
    Are you allowed to bring the baby? I'm surprised they're letting you. My college would have said no way.

I had no problem with the moby when I used it when my babies were tiny.
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    Are you allowed to bring the baby? I'm surprised they're letting you. My college would have said no way.

I had no problem with the moby when I used it when my babies were tiny.
    That struck me as unusual too, I've never been to a college that would let you bring a baby to class. I'm having to put of school until January since I don't want to leave a newborn.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I had college classes where people brought their kids every couple weeks, when scheduling necessitated it-- even like 4 and 5 year olds. One was an ROTC class
    ​​​

7. Senior Member
    I'm shocked you can bring him, and slightly jealous!! I have to take online courses this fall.
  8. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Honestly, that's going to be a huge distraction to everyone in the class. If you can't put him in part time daycare, you should just not do classes next term They're probably going to ask you to leave... and THEN not help you out because it's really not their job or responsbility.

However, that's not what you asked. I dunno if those things are hot but it looks like it would be sweaty!

Good luck!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

T gets warm because he's against my skin and I get super hot when I'm moving about doing stuff. But if you dress him accordingly I think he will be okay
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawWoman. View Post
    Honestly, that's going to be a huge distraction to everyone in the class. If you can't put him in part time daycare, you should just not do classes next term They're probably going to ask you to leave... and THEN not help you out because it's really not their job or responsbility.

However, that's not what you asked. I dunno if those things are hot but it looks like it would be sweaty!

Good luck!
    Not really There were kids brought to some of my classes, and they were very well behaved. Especially a kid like 2 weeks old-- they're gonna sleep, like, 16 hours a day. If she times it right, kiddo will sleep right through the class. And generally, if you stick em on the boob, they'll be quiet even if they're awake.
    ​​​

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast