Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When should I start washing his clothes?

1. Banned
    Banned

When should I start washing his clothes?

Advertisements
    All of Cameron's clothes still have all the tags on them. I feel like I should start washing them, but then I feel like if I do start, something is going to go wrong. It's like I can't bring myself to take the tags off!

Should I just bite the bullet and start washing them, or would do you think I could get away with waiting a few more weeks?

I think my thing with the tags is that once the tags are off, you can't return them, and THAT makes this whole "oh, hey, I'm having a baby soon!" thing real. You would think my belly would make it real. Nope. It's the tags.
  2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    OMG PRAISE THE ANGELS!

so glad you asked this. i wanted to ask but i thought i was jumping the gun.

i thought about waiting until i was 35 - 36 weeks but i get bored all the time and i just feel like washing her clothes.

3. Senior Member

I washed his clothes last week, I will probably rewash them before he shows up but I wanted them all of the floor and put away.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    OMG PRAISE THE ANGELS!

so glad you asked this. i wanted to ask but i thought i was jumping the gun.

i thought about waiting until i was 35 - 36 weeks but i get bored all the time and i just feel like washing her clothes.
    I keep telling myself I can wait until 35-36 weeks, but I know I won't be able to.

DH doesn't understand why we even have to wash them since they are new. I told him you are SUPPOSED to wash clothes before you wear them, but we are adults, and we just don't do it. He fails to see the point.
  5. Senior Member
    I got a brand spanking new washer and dryer when I was 34 weeks pregnant with DD.
    I discovered this was the BEST TIMING EVERRR. I wore dirty clothes for a week because all I washed were baby things.
  6. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonsGirl View Post
    I keep telling myself I can wait until 35-36 weeks, but I know I won't be able to.

DH doesn't understand why we even have to wash them since they are new. I told him you are SUPPOSED to wash clothes before you wear them, but we are adults, and we just don't do it. He fails to see the point.
    kevin washes all his stuff before he wears it lol.

i was opening up her bedding and he stuck it all in the washer before i could even open it all

7. One day at a time.
    One day at a time.
    Honestly with both my kids i got the nesting urge around 30 weeks so i washed all of their things and spent my last few weeks being a little obsessive over organizing.
    I redid DS's closet probably five times because first was size, then added color sorting by size, then long/short sleeves by color by size..... I was a little crazy, but by the time I had him it was easy to find everything in his room
  8. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

I'm doing this right now. I'm unboxing Ryley's NB, 0-3, and 3-6 month stuff and going through it. Ryley was born in the winter and Evan will be in the summer so I might need to get an occasional item. I figured I'd go ahead and hang stuff up so I can see what I'm working with. That and I think the nesting bug is starting.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  9. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    ok i think im just going to wash them tonight. dh has gone to bed and i'm feeling motivated.

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I washed all of Wyatt's NB-12mos clothes a little at a time from 33weeks right up until 36 when they put me on bedrest.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast